You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, moof said:

South Korea and China, for example, are testing (at least) 10x more people per million than us. We’ve already said we’re reducing testing. Think about it 

Of course we are the cunts in charge want us to catch this fucking thing.

Guest Pistonbroke
13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m not sending you any PMs. I’m doing it where everyone can see it. 

Now, were you serious about bringing your family or not? You fucking crank. 

Post a photo on here if you like and I'll be there. Looking forward to it already. 

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, J-V said:

Of course we are the cunts in charge want us to catch this fucking thing.

Yet people voted for them and their weird plans. I'm not saying other parties would have had better plans in place but the incumbent Government certainly don't. Well they do, but not plans that have the welfare of everybody at heart. 

The cynic in me senses that Johnson and his team want to thin the herd, it makes economic sense after all! That's why they are not testing anymore, why they are telling people to stay at home with what could be severe symptoms and why they can't produce any significant scientific evidence that their policy makes sense.

3 minutes ago, RedPaul said:

The cynic in me senses that Johnson and his team want to thin the herd, it makes economic sense after all! That's why they are not testing anymore, why they are telling people to stay at home with what could be severe symptoms and why they can't produce any significant scientific evidence that their policy makes sense.

Dunno, the demographic that would be most affected is also the one that votes most heavily for the Tories.

6 minutes ago, RedPaul said:

We are either going to be the country that everyone eventually follows or the one that ends up with the fastest death toll. For me the line we've are taking goes against everything that makes us civilised, we would still be at sporting events if they hadn't stepped in themselves and stopped them.

I get the whole 'difficult decisions' need to be taken, we all do. It's grim but we understand. That doesn't mean throwing the weak and the vulnerable to the wolves. Maybe the years of throwing them to the wolves has made people less trusting of anything the tories do or say.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mudface said:

Dunno, the demographic that would be most affected is also the one that votes most heavily for the Tories.

yeah true that, I'm just trying to get my head around why they don't seem to give a shit about possibly high numbers of people dying,

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Why? You are very weird.  Are you admitting you were serious about bringing your family? You’re all over the place man. 

Not at all, I'll turn up by myself. I really want to sort you out and show you up for the utter gobshyte you are. I have the dates and destination, just supply the proof you are there and I'll turn up. Now until then slide back under your rock you fucking mongrel. 

2 minutes ago, RedPaul said:

yeah true that, I'm just trying to get my head around why they don't seem to give a shit about possibly high numbers of people dying,

They've either hit on a genius masterstroke, or are just doing it on the cheap because they know they haven't got the resources.

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Not at all, I'll turn up by myself. I really want to sort you out and show you up for the utter gobshyte you are. I have the dates and destination, just supply the proof you are there and I'll turn up. Now until then slide back under your rock you fucking mongrel. 

So today you’ve said;

1) You bringing your family  - seriously 

2) You aren’t bringing your family because you were joking - why take it seriously

3) You aren’t a violent man, you just want a chat

4) You’re going to beat me up (either with or without families watching)

5) You’d show me the best places to go in Berlin 

6) You just want a chat

Are you having a breakdown? 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

We are either going to be the country that everyone eventually follows or the one that ends up with the fastest death toll. For me the line we've are taking goes against everything that makes us civilised, we would still be at sporting events if they hadn't stepped in themselves and stopped them.

I get the whole 'difficult decisions' need to be taken, we all do. It's grim but we understand. That doesn't mean throwing the weak and the vulnerable to the wolves. Maybe the years of throwing them to the wolves has made people less trusting of anything the tories do or say.

I'd wager on the former mate, unsettling as that is. Having no plan whatsoever is not the best way to go. 

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The same people that were hoping the old people who voted for Brexit would die, are now crying conspiracy because the old people who voted for Brexit might die. 

No, people are worried about their fellow human beings, something which doesn't register in your cunt brain. 

Looking at the horrific Italian death numbers, it is crucial to protect health workers from getting infected, I would test and isolate them as much as possible. Italy has 1441 deaths on 21 157 confirmed cases. Germany and Switzerland 21 between them, on about 4,500 cases.

This seems to be the key battlefield, where vulnerable categories are concerned.

2 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

I think a fair bit of this is down to Johnson’s personality traits. He has a Churchill obsession and this is his Churchill moment. If the strategy turns out to be right then he’ll believe he’s going down in history as a great British leader making brave decisions that no one else dared to. If it’s wrong then he’ll throw the scientists under the bus. The fact that he may be gambling with up to half a million lives is a secondary, if not distant, thought for him 

It completely mirrors his Brexit thinking - he supports it because it might get him written into history and he doesn’t give a damn about the consequences for other people

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

Looking at the horrific Italian death numbers, it is crucial to protect health workers from getting infected, I would test and isolate them as much as possible. Italy has 1441 deaths on 21 157 confirmed cases. Germany and Switzerland 21 between them, on about 4,500 cases.

This seems to be the key battlefield, where vulnerable categories are concerned.

Yeah, most of us have already raised concerns to areas that aren't essential and just scale them back (e.g. home working etc). We just got told it's 'business as usual until further notice' despite frequently coming into contact with elderly and those with underlying health conditions. The other 'good news' is that they will be reviewing all staff's employment history to see if they can be redeployed into wards/essential areas. Woohoo!

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So today you’ve said;

1) You bringing your family  - seriously 

2) You aren’t bringing your family because you were joking - why take it seriously

3) You aren’t a violent man, you just want a chat

4) You’re going to beat me up (either with or without families watching)

5) You’d show me the best places to go in Berlin 

6) You just want a chat

Are you having a breakdown? 

No, just going to beat the shit out of a cunt, but you won't be up for it, so I'll say what I want. You try to come across as a the clever cunt but resort to the same shit you pull up, surely you can see the irony in that now? Of course you don't. I'm bored now and I doubt people want to read this shit anymore, regardless of how funny they find it. Turn up, send me a message and I'll 100% meet you. Now fuck off you boring cretin. 

7 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

I think a fair bit of this is down to Johnson’s personality traits. He has a Churchill obsession and this is his Churchill moment. If the strategy turns out to be right then he’ll believe he’s going down in history as a great British leader making brave decisions that no one else dared to. If it’s wrong then he’ll throw the scientists under the bus. The fact that he may be gambling with up to half a million lives is a secondary, if not distant, thought for him 

It completely mirrors his Brexit thinking - he supports it because it might get him written into history and he doesn’t give a damn about the consequences for other people

The reason they gave for not shutting down contact with the elderly was that they would get lonely, which is crazy considering the alternative. I'd be more willing to accept their massive gamble if they had implemented something to protect the elderly. Banning over 70s from sports and other social events, free food deliveries from stores as a priority and medicines delivered, along with bans on people visiting care homes etc. I mean doing nothing except saying don't go on cruises is fucking stupid.