You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Just been for some shopping. It's like the end of days. No bog roll, beans, pasta.

It's ridiculous. I'm genuinely worried about the bog roll situation, might have start using a sponge or Kays catalogue.

5 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Just been for some shopping. It's like the end of days. No bog roll, beans, pasta.

It feels like people have made up their own minds about where this may be heading and are getting stuff in now while they can

57 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't have any knowledge of UK politics, nor do I have any particular allegiance, but their response to this comes across as exceptionally arrogant. 

People need to make their minds up whether they want the government to listen to experts or not.

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

It's ridiculous. I'm genuinely worried about the bog roll situation, might have start using a sponge or Kays catalogue.

If it's any consolation it was the same over here earlier. We had to drive to 5 different supermarkets before we found toilet rolls and certain other items we needed. I spoke to one of the managers who I know (Irish bloke who is full of blarney but nice enough) and he said it's great for them, their shelves are getting emptied and their returns due to out of date stuff are excellent, which looks good on them. Apparently he said that supply chains are breaking down due to a lot of goods being imported/exported. Firms within Germany being asked to up production to cover the loss of supply from countries keeping hold of their stock for their own people despite trade deals. It seems like the survival of the fittest line is kicking in big time. He said the biggest cunts at the moment are the Spanish/French and Poles. When the shit hits the fans I wouldn't want to live in the UK if I'm honest, an Island where supply chains breaking down will hit you big time, especially being as you have to import so many things. Mainland Europe will always look after themselves when things are hard, mainly due to the fact they actually like each other for the most part. Medicine is going to be a major problem down the line. Think Brexit No Deal scenario nightmare and times that by 5 if things go as the experts in the field of medicine believe. Those Tory cunts acting with the arrogance they are will effectively leave you on your own. 

Imagine the reaction in the US to Trump saying something like this :

"And I'm sorry to tell you fellow Americans, but I think a lot of us are still going to lose loved ones here. What we want to do though is gradually accept that this is going to move through the population, and once 60% or so of us have had it, we'll start building up herd immunity. Then things will start getting better."

Holy shit I can't even imagine it.

3.9mil dead at a 2% death rate?

Herd immunity tho.

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

When the shit hits the fans I wouldn't want to live in the UK if I'm honest, an Island where supply chains breaking down will hit you big time, especially being as you have to import so many things. Mainland Europe will always look after themselves when things are hard, mainly due to the fact they actually like each other for the most part. Medicine is going to be a major problem down the line. Think Brexit No Deal scenario nightmare and times that by 5 if things go as the experts in the field of medicine believe. Those Tory cunts acting with the arrogance they are will effectively leave you on your own. 

We've got blue passports mate, don't need anything else.

Now excuse me while I go and raise the union jack on my roof. 

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

People need to make their minds up whether they want the government to listen to experts or not.

When the experts are apparently advising something completely divergent from the rest of the world and the WHO, appear to be guided by the fucking Nudge Unit, and are relying on an NHS barely fit for purpose after a decade of austerity, then you can understand why people are getting nervous. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, Champ said:

It feels like people have made up their own minds about where this may be heading and are getting stuff in now while they can

My take on things is that a lot of them are from backgrounds where they have prior knowledge to what being isolated means. I wasn't having a pop at Asians earlier, but they seem to be the ones stocking up like fuck on lots of goods that one would need to get by. They have been involved in so many conflicts etc that they probably can't believe they can go down the shops and buy 6 months worth of stuff in one go.....and so they do. Then little old me goes to buy our normal weekly shop and gets pissed off that the shelves are pretty darn sparse. All the cheap brands have gone of course....so as it stands I have to pay 20% more for my weekly shop as I'd rather not starve so buy the brand names. This is only the start though, things will get a lot worse as people panic. 

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

We've got blue passports mate, don't need anything else.

Now excuse me while I go and raise the union jack on my roof. 

Freedom has its price. 

Guest Pistonbroke
11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

We're all going to die from a disease whose victims have an average age of 81.

Although older people are more susceptible to dying through this the average age in Italy alone is 45.9. So stop posting crap. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Mudface said:

You seem very keen to play this down. Are Lib Dems involved somewhere?

He's just a cunt who'd be the first to pop to his doctor if he had a runny nose.