You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
17 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

It's quite obvious that they've been delaying and delaying. Doing fuck all apart from useless pointless messages.

They are only protecting the economy for as long as they can. They couldn't give a fuck about the people.

They are waiting until we're well into spring (more than likely May) and cases are just going to continue to increase and more people will die.

Every other country are taking drastic action including Ireland and Scotland shutting schools and banning any large public gatherings.

And we're just carrying on like normal.

Fucking cunts.

Sounds like something else that happened not long ago. 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Talking about stating the obvious...typical Tory crap innit. All in it together, we'll get through this together. Yeah, whilst people are worrying you and your mates will be fucking fine with the best medical care on standby. People voted for these clowns, wonder how they feel now. I'm guessing some of the silly cunts still think he's great. 

It's exactly what they voted for, and if they didn't realise it more fool them. 

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Moo said:

It's exactly what they voted for, and if they didn't realise it more fool them. 

They are certainly fools. What gets me is that they seem more arsed about saving a few hundred notes a year on tax rather than having a good social system which they'll have to rely on themselves at some point. Greedy self centred bastards. 

I'm getting worried for me mum who's 81 and still gets about but she keeps going to shops etc for her disabled sister so I've just told her to stop and minimise going ,she's asthmatic too, let her carers do it .

I'm not to worried about myself too much but it's looking a bit fuckin' grim on all fronts .I was looking forward to getting up to Liverpool end of the month and I'm not sure about getting on a train, though I can get a lift off a young band who have a gig up there but I'm not sure now ,what a cunt it's turning out to be.

• Upvote 1

Went to Costco before and it was as busy as it is at Christmas. Absolutely booming and they had no bog roll at all but I saw people grabbing five of six packs of kitchen roll which was all gone in seconds. 

Went the Morrison’s in Ormskirk for some bits as well and they had completely sold out, none left at all. 

Luckily I don’t need any at the minute but I can only see the bog roll situation getting worse over the coming months. You’d think everyone who was going to panic buy it would have done so by now so stock would be getting back to normal but that doesn’t appear to be the case. 

3 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Went to Costco before and it was as busy as it is at Christmas. Absolutely booming and they had no bog roll at all but I saw people grabbing five of six packs of kitchen roll which was all gone in seconds. 

Went the Morrison’s in Ormskirk for some bits as well and they had completely sold out, none left at all. 

Luckily I don’t need any at the minute but I can only see the bog roll situation getting worse over the coming months. You’d think everyone who was going to panic buy it would have done so by now so stock would be getting back to normal but that doesn’t appear to be the case. 

Massive and unexpected profits for some! 

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I'm getting worried for me mum who's 81 and still gets about but she keeps going to shops etc for her disabled sister so I've just told her to stop and minimise going ,she's asthmatic too, let her carers do it .

I'm not to worried about myself too much but it's looking a bit fuckin' grim on all fronts .I was looking forward to getting up to Liverpool end of the month and I'm not sure about getting on a train, though I can get a lift off a young band who have a gig up there but I'm not sure now ,what a cunt it's turning out to be.

Yep. My missus doesn't suffer from Asthma full time but when she gets a bug over winter she always ends up an a nebulizer as it goes onto her lungs. Same with the youngest lad. Plus coming up to 56 myself it means most family members are either around my age and a lot of them (especially on the in-laws side) are a lot older.  The feeling I get over here is that a lot of people are starting to take this a lot more serious than they were a week ago, plus the German Gov't, local councils are doing a shit load more than the Uk in their efforts to contain it. 

I have no idea why the tories have chosen their current plan, no idea at all. 

https://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/research/key-issues-parliament-2015/social-change/ageing-population/

Challenges for future Governments

The Office for Budget Responsibility points out that without offsetting tax rises or spending cuts, the ageing population will cause a widening of budget deficits over time, eventually putting public sector debt on an unsustainable upward trajectory.

A rise in the elderly population, particularly if not matched by health improvements, will place ever-greater pressure on the public finances, as a relatively smaller working-age population supports growing spending on health, social care and pensions.

More spending

Around 55% of welfare spending (£114bn in 2014/15) is currently paid to pensioners, with the state pension by far the largest element of this. This expenditure is forecast to increase by an average of £2.8 billion a year over the next five years, resulting in spending of £128 billion by 2019/20.

Growing numbers of elderly people will also have an impact on the NHS and social care expenditure. The prevalence of long-term health conditions increases with age; and according to a 2010 estimate made by the Department of Health, such conditions account for 70% of total health and social care spending in England.

The Department of Health also estimates that the average cost of providing hospital and community health services for a person aged 85 years or more is around three times greater than for a person aged 65 to 74 years.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

And yet people will still vote for them in their millions. People will drag their malnourished, dying, coronavirus ravaged bodies to the voting booth to "get Brexit done" in post apocalyptic Britian in four years. 

Wonder if that stupid twat who pleaded for a Boris Johnson to come and have a pint with him and sort out his flooded house had his request granted?

I was in my local Tesco there too - none of the obvious stuff - hand wash, paracetamol, bog roll, pasta, beans, but also basically fuck all bread and literally zero frozen chips, not much frozen stuff at all in fact, very bare down isles with washing products too. 

I then went to my local shop on the way home to get some bread and frozen chips and they had practically everything you'd want - bog roll, pasta, etc. So I bought all the bog roll and pasta they had while I was there, just for the craic. 

How can it be said that they're even protecting the economy at the expense of lives at this stage? The news is going on about the FTSE having had its worst day since the 1987 crash. Maybe they're just completely fucking stupid and not actually helping anyone at all?

The only solution here if this is actually as bad as is being said, is for some type of revolt. I don't mean some type of pie in the sky revolution, but people in different areas of industry, government ministers, departments, whatever, speaking out and the press covering it like they did the guy today that basically said the response was a fucking joke. Maybe the WHO could have the courage to single out countries too by name.

Something will surely give now though or shortly if even the sacred economy is crashing as well.

@Audrey Witherspoon will at least be glad to know that any optimism I had is now fucking well gone too, at least as far as this country is concerned anyway. I'm in the same pissed off state now I think, it just took a few more days for me to get there.