You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

46 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Fucking anxiety levels through the roof after watching this. People just dropping dead in the middle of the street. 

We just won’t be able to manage it like China has. They’ve got people walking the streets spraying disinfectant and are welding people into their homes. 

No chance people stay quarantined over here. Too many selfish cunts about, was speaking to my mates about it before in a what’s app group and most of them think it’s just like getting a cold and not even as bad as the normal flu and won’t be told any different.

You could basically spin anything regarding this thing as either the end of society as we know it or as proof that people are being hysterical fannies, but surely right now it's not far-fetched to think that this will turn into an unmitigated disaster with a bunch of countries needing quarantines. 

The US especially are absolutely fucked. They're barely even testing for it still. It's probably been circulating for a month, yet the government has been telling the population it's basically a hoax.

Spain will be Italy-level fucked too it seems soon enough and there are thousands of people travelling from Madrid to Merseyside for Wednesday. Not smart to have that kind of stuff still going on. The reaction to this seems to be just that; a reaction instead of what should have been more proactive behaviour after seeing China shut entire cities down when they had 500 cases. If this doesn't serve as a learning experience, nothing will. 

32 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Fucking anxiety levels through the roof after watching this. People just dropping dead in the middle of the street. 

We just won’t be able to manage it like China has. They’ve got people walking the streets spraying disinfectant and are welding people into their homes. 

No chance people stay quarantined over here. Too many selfish cunts about, was speaking to my mates about it before in a what’s app group and most of them think it’s just like getting a cold and not even as bad as the normal flu and won’t be told any different.

@ 15.20

How does he know that? 

Get me foil out...

37 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You could basically spin anything regarding this thing as either the end of society as we know it or as proof that people are being hysterical fannies, but surely right now it's not far-fetched to think that this will turn into an unmitigated disaster with a bunch of countries needing quarantines. 

The US especially are absolutely fucked. They're barely even testing for it still. It's probably been circulating for a month, yet the government has been telling the population it's basically a hoax.

Spain will be Italy-level fucked too it seems soon enough and there are thousands of people travelling to Merseyside for Wednesday. Not smart to have that kind of stuff still going on. The reaction to this seems to be just that; a reaction instead of what should have been more proactive behaviour after seeing China shut entire cities down when they had 500 cases. If this doesn't serve as a learning experience, nothing will. 

The US in particular will be grim. Not only with the lack of testing as you say - and with people testing positive at that Republican convention and the head of the Port authority of New York and New Jersey getting it then you can safely assume it is much more widespread than they are saying - but also the fact people are still having to pay for testing in some states, the price of medical care in general, lack of sick pay meaning people who have it will drag themselves into work infecting more people and a mentally unstable president insisting it’s variously a hoax or not as bad as the flu means it’s going to be really hard to control over there.

E74FEB56-7A8E-4734-BF11-FC188C7C8300.jpeg

D1C4804F-5A94-4C3B-A386-48446CFD004A.jpeg

45169EFA-F224-4256-937D-6D905921921C.png

Why the panic buying of bog roll. I don't get it. 

Has nobody heard of rimming? Jeeez. Have a curry first to spice things up a bit. Double bubble*.

Actually, when we did up our place in London years ago, we installed Toto botty-washer toilets. 

You can eat your dinner off our pristine ring pieces. You don't need hoop paper. Dryers are part of the system too. 

Panic buy bitches. 

*I don't actually understand what double bubble is but I've heard people saying it so I am too. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Vietnam had no cases for a few weeks, done a remarkable job of limiting the spread.

Then a Vietnamese woman who'd been in Italy flew back, infected half the plane load who are all now all over Vn and its full scale panic time. She flew from London so its probably all over the UK now as well.

It's some rich bitch who'd been to fashion shows in Milan but lied about having been in Italy when she boarded the plane in London, having already noticed symptoms.

A shit load of tourists now infected, and spread over the country. Most places are in lock down, the number of cases went from 16 since the start to over 30 positive.

if and when she recovers, I hope the government jail the bitch for years.

On the positive side, most people have bum guns. This is a supermarket in Danang yesterday.

IMG_20200309_135441.jpg

30 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It's pretty frightening that this fat fucking idiot has risen so high up the ladder. 

He looked like he was shitting himself at yesterday's press conference. Very nervous. He clearly didn't realise what actually being PM involved.

So does everyone think that what we've witnessed in Italy overnight is what we're about two weeks away from in the UK?

Have they explained Italy's crazy mortality rate?

They have 463 dead and altogether about 1,200 dead or seriously ill on 9,200 cases. Korea has less than 100 dead or seriously ill on 7,600. Switzerland 2 dead on close to 400, France less than 100 dead and seriously ill on 1,400 cases.

I know Italy has a problem with an aging population but Japan's rate is just 43 dead or seriously ill on 543.

They must be underreporting the number of cases.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Just had a package delivered by DHL and the bloke was wearing a mask. He then proceeded to pull down his mask so he could say 'Please sign here.' Sheesh, people are so fucking thick. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Just had a package delivered by DHL and the bloke was wearing a mask. He then proceeded to pull down his mask so he could say 'Please sign here.' Sheesh, people are so fucking thick. 

Ha, not everyone has had repeated NBC training. 

At Costco yesterday they were wearing latex gloves and wiping trolley handles as each person went in. The thing is people had already handled the trolly before it was wiped, then placed their hands back on the handle. Utterly useless. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Have they explained Italy's crazy mortality rate?

They have 463 dead and altogether about 1,200 dead or seriously ill on 9,200 cases. Korea has less than 100 dead or seriously ill on 7,600. Switzerland 2 dead on close to 400, France less than 100 dead and seriously ill on 1,400 cases.

I know Italy has a problem with an aging population but Japan's rate is just 43 dead or seriously ill on 543.

They must be underreporting the number of cases.

Apparently Italy have tested far more than the vast majority of countries so the general thought is that the amount of people who have it will be similar in most other countries around the area, it's just they haven't tested for it yet.

As for the mortality rate? As you say, the ageing populating is having a big impact.  But seems high.  I suspect (with nothing to back it up at all) that we'll maybe see that Italy is just being very open with their figures.

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

Ha, not everyone has had repeated NBC training. 

At Costco yesterday they were wearing latex gloves and wiping trolley handles as each person went in. The thing is people had already handled the trolly before it was wiped, then placed their hands back on the handle. Utterly useless. 

At least I got my Bluetooth speakers for my mobile. Made in China.....I'm fucked. 

Re testing - some countries are taking it very seriously and testing high numbers of people (see South Korea), others are making all kinds of excuses or placing very restricitve criteria on who gets tested (see USA). In fact I would suggest that most countries are taking the latter approach, probably for a number of reasons including economic impact should they detect high numbers, cost implications of undertaking these tests, potential impact on their health systems, and global perception that their country should be avoided like the plague (forgive the unintended pun) should they suddenly start testing a lot of positives. Don't forget most deaths from this virus are as a result of viral pneumonia - whether you test that person or put it down to the 'flu' provides an easy get out.

I think this is why a lot of countries are quick to point out that where they have identified positive cases these are from people who have travelled from countries known to have a high number of cases. You only test those people so you can easily put the blame elsewhere, not your own population who might be exhibiting symptoms.

There's a lot of unknowns about this virus still, such as how long can it survive on surfaces etc and in what environmental conditions. What I would say though is that it has been shown to be very contagious and for a virus to have been about since around the beginning of December and for 80% of people to just experience mild symptoms I think it is probable that this is much more globally widespread than the tested figures show.

• Upvote 1