You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

I’ve been really ill for about ten days and change my mind between thinking I’ve definitely got it and thinking I’m being silly. 

Had no cough but had a really bad fever and chills, shortness of breath and myalgia. On balance think it is very unlikely I’ve had it but I haven’t picked up the normal things I get when I’ve got a cold/flu such as a sore throat and runny nose etc... Just the symptoms above. 

It was also weird the way it happened, was watching our match last Saturday with my daughter whilst my Mrs was out and in the space of 30 seconds went from feeling fine (and sipping a beer) to shaking all over and going red hot. Was like that for about two days and barely ate anything then I’ve slowly been getting better apart from aches and pains and shortness of breath which is improving. 

Like I said unlikely I’ve got it, and my wife and daughter who I live with have no symptoms, but being saturated with 24 hour news coverage of it doesn’t help anyone who is feeling poorly. 

I've noticed I've been extra disgusted at anyone daring to cough or blow their nose near me, the usually immediately apologise and promise they don't have coronavirus so I must have a face like I'm about to knock them out. 

Not that I would, I wouldn't want to risk touching the dirty bastards. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aventus said:

I've noticed I've been extra disgusted at anyone daring to cough or blow their nose near me, the usually immediately apologise and promise they don't have coronavirus so I must have a face like I'm about to knock them out. 

Not that I would, I wouldn't want to risk touching the dirty bastards. 

It's times like this where I imagine Anny Road chinning colleagues and passers by in the ASDA because they cleared their throat too close to him.

I’ve looked at the guidance on the NHS website and they are still only advising to phone 111 if you have been to certain countries or have been in direct contact with a confirmed case. 

I really think they massively need to expand the amount of people being tested and test anyone with symptoms. That’s exactly what they’ve done in South Korea which has a massive outbreak and they are starting to bring it under control and see a drop in numbers. 

• Upvote 2

The coronavirus getting the league cancelled and denying us our first title it 30 years, would be the most Liverpool thing ever. That happens and I'll be convinced we're cursed to never win the league again and probably walk away from the game altogether.

• Downvote 4

Guest Pistonbroke
21 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’ve been really ill for about ten days and change my mind between thinking I’ve definitely got it and thinking I’m being silly. 

Had no cough but had a really bad fever and chills, shortness of breath and myalgia. On balance think it is very unlikely I’ve had it but I haven’t picked up the normal things I get when I’ve got a cold/flu such as a sore throat and runny nose etc... Just the symptoms above. 

It was also weird the way it happened, was watching our match last Saturday with my daughter whilst my Mrs was out and in the space of 30 seconds went from feeling fine (and sipping a beer) to shaking all over and going red hot. Was like that for about two days and barely ate anything then I’ve slowly been getting better apart from aches and pains and shortness of breath which is improving. 

Like I said unlikely I’ve got it, and my wife and daughter who I live with have no symptoms, but being saturated with 24 hour news coverage of it doesn’t help anyone who is feeling poorly. 

This is the thing, the media just go on and on about it as it's easy news to fill their programs/columns with. There are plenty of other viruses at this time of the year, it's not like they just disappear and give Corona a monopoly on things. I had the aching limbs last week, headache, the runs, dry throat and runny nose, no fever though. Just down to dry throat and runny/bunged nose now. No other member of the family showed any symptoms. I just think fuck it, must have been a normal 3 day virus thing and my immune system is usually pretty strong. No point flapping. 

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

How can the homeless, who are some of the most vulnerable people in society, self-isolate?

Quaint that you think the Tories class homeless people as members of society or, indeed, human beings.

• Upvote 2

From Tuesday morning until April 3, Italians will only be allowed to leave their homes for urgent health and professional reasons, according to Conte. Schools and universities as well as public venues, including cinemas, theaters and gyms will remain shut. Professional sports events, including Serie A football matches, are also suspended.

Bars and restaurants across Italy will have to close at 6 p.m. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/italy-orders-total-lockdown-over-coronavirus/

Bit mad they can still go the pub for a bit really. If they did that in the UK there'd be a queue outside in the morning. 

25 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’ve looked at the guidance on the NHS website and they are still only advising to phone 111 if you have been to certain countries or have been in direct contact with a confirmed case. 

How the fuck are you to know if that ? Isn't this one of the reasons it's spreading the way it has because carriers don't know they've got it ? And when they do find out they've got it, fuck knows how many people they've had contact with.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

From Tuesday morning until April 3, Italians will only be allowed to leave their homes for urgent health and professional reasons, according to Conte. Schools and universities as well as public venues, including cinemas, theaters and gyms will remain shut. Professional sports events, including Serie A football matches, are also suspended.

Bars and restaurants across Italy will have to close at 6 p.m. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/italy-orders-total-lockdown-over-coronavirus/

Bit mad they can still go the pub for a bit really. If they did that in the UK there'd be a queue outside in the morning. 

They should have closed the borders two weeks ago and tested anyone who wanted to travel abroad, before infecting most of Europe.  Probably also actually locked down the affected areas rather than mucking about and now shutting the entire country down which probably they won't be able to enforce and people will just do as they please.

It's Death in Venice all over again.

48 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I really think they massively need to expand the amount of people being tested and test anyone with symptoms. That’s exactly what they’ve done in South Korea which has a massive outbreak and they are starting to bring it under control and see a drop in numbers. 

The NHS advice is not keeping with changes in government guidelines. I would be calling them now

31 minutes ago, Champ said:

The NHS advice is not keeping with changes in government guidelines. I would be calling them now

To be honest if I still felt anything like I did a week ago with the fever I’d be onto them but the truth is I feel much better every day and don’t feel too sick now. 

This is what life in Europe has come to, quarantining of entire nations, people going crazy and stockpiling, fear and panic throughout. Still pissed with those stupid fucking Chinese for inflicting yet another virus on the world. Do those commie cunts want to wipe out the human race? Next time hope they confine it to the glorious motherland. Fuckers.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Baltar said:

This is what life in Europe has come to, quarantining of entire nations, people going crazy and stockpiling, fear and panic throughout. Still pissed with those stupid fucking Chinese for inflicting yet another virus on the world. Do those commie cunts want to wipe out the human race? Next time hope they confine it to the glorious motherland. Fuckers.

Jesus Baltar, sounds like you ordered badly last night.

Fucking anxiety levels through the roof after watching this. People just dropping dead in the middle of the street. 

We just won’t be able to manage it like China has. They’ve got people walking the streets spraying disinfectant and are welding people into their homes. 

No chance people stay quarantined over here. Too many selfish cunts about, was speaking to my mates about it before in a what’s app group and most of them think it’s just like getting a cold and not even as bad as the normal flu and won’t be told any different.