You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

I’m sick of fucking hearing about it. If there’s going to be an apocalypse, I wish they’d just let it happen and get on with it. 

Thanos was right. Over population is a major issue, the world could do with losing a few million / billion. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Elite said:

You'll be able to tell which people are sticking to the guidelines, they'll have hands like this:

fig1.jpg

Cold air, Hot water, shite bulk-bought soap, alcohol-based sanitiser and scrubbing.  A wonderful combination. Wasn't too far off this the other day. Been able to bring it back under control now I think. Great having people glare at you for something you've always had to deal with during a public health crisis.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Is Regina Blitz like that shiny grease paper toilet paper they used to put in public loos, that spread the shit all over your arse rather than actually wipe it? Is that why it’s the only brand left?

I think it’s kitchen roll. Probably the kitchen roll equivalent of Izal 

There was some bloke stood in front of me in the queue in the shop earlier with a bottle of hand sanitiser attached to his belt like fucking pepper spray. Is this some new form of social boasting by melts? I was sorely tempted to start dry coughing over him to see if I could make him run, but didn’t want to spook the other people stood there.

By all means carry a bottle in your pocket or bag, but strutting around with it on your belt like some sort of gunslinger? Fuck right off.

• Upvote 5

Lucky hospital just had to evacuate a ward as a patient test positive. Local Temple Bhaktivedanta Manor closed due to worshiper testing positive aswell. Too fucking close to home for my liking

Went to Morrisons on way to work and wanted some ibuprofen, the whole shelfs been fucking emptied as has all the supplements and vitamins. Fucking weirdos

• Upvote 2

The death rate could be well under 1% :

The death rate from the new coronavirus is higher in the US so far than anywhere else in the world. The rate, a basic calculation that divides the number of known deaths by the total number of confirmed cases, was about 6% in the US as of Friday morning. Fourteen Americans have died out of less than 250 confirmed cases.

South Korea, which has the second-highest number of cases outside China, has a death rate that's one-tenth of that. Out of 6,593 cases, 42 people have died: o.6%.

While this variation between countries may sound concerning, the rate strongly depends on how many people get tested for the virus. In countries like South Korea and China, which have tested hundreds of thousands of people, the death rate is lower than in, say, the US, which has tested less than 2,000.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-death-rate-by-country-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

10 hours ago, skend04 said:

An 80yr old with underlying health problems is the second person to die in the UK. Coronavirus could sort out the social care problem the country is facing I think.

It's definitely no coincidence. I said from the start it's a been made in a lab.

Lad in the newsagents by ours has just served me and he was wearing latex gloves. He said it's his uncle's shop and he's told them all to wear them. 

I didn't delve into the details, but if he's not changing gloves all day, surely that's anything but hygienic particularly when compared to just washing and/or sanitising your hands every hour or so? Particularly for their customers? 

I gave my own hands a good scrub when I got in so, hopefully, my Saucy BBQ Transform-a-snacks won't kill me. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

As someone who’s favourite habits are biting their finger nails and picking their nose, I’m finding this advice to not touch your face completely impossible. 

As far as I can see, if you're going to get it you're going to get it and no amount of hand scrubbing will stop the inevitable. I'm more worried about getting paid by work if I do get it, and my kids getting it. 

23 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

As far as I can see, if you're going to get it you're going to get it and no amount of hand scrubbing will stop the inevitable. I'm more worried about getting paid by work if I do get it, and my kids getting it. 

If you're worried about your kids getting it presumably you'd quite like other people to do all they can to slow down the spread of it, no? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

If you're worried about your kids getting it presumably you'd quite like other people to do all they can to slow down the spread of it, no? 

People are scruffy cunts. It's too late in my opinion. The horse has bolted the stable. But I'm not an expert, I'm just posting on a football forum so don't listen to my advice. 

10 hours ago, Elite said:

It's definitely no coincidence. I said from the start it's a been made in a lab.

Part of me hopes it was, and this is the best they can come up with. 

I'd be more concerned if this is the kind of thing that happens by accident I wonder what kind of damage they could do if they released something they've intentionally weaponised. 

8 hours ago, skend04 said:

They could have released it before the EU referendum. Wankers.

Be funny if brexit is the thing that saves us. Fuck you Europe we're closing our borders and watching you rot from the comfort of our little island. (probably already too late for this Tbf)