You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, TheBitch said:

It’s costing me upwards of £3500 in a dive trip I can’t make because I can’t get into the country, flights I can’t take and accommodation. And the insurance company won’t pay out because Coronavirus isn’t part of the policy wording for cancelled trips and the trip hasn’t actually been cancelled. 

Cunt virus. 

Tried hitch hiking?

This is a really good interview with the assistant director general of the WHO.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/2/21161067/coronavirus-covid19-china

Loads of interesting points such as a potentially higher mortality rate in countries including Italy than there was in China as they have more advanced medical treatment available and introduce more stringent measures than we could get away with in the West. 

Suppose the mortality rate was always going to vary massively depending on the population demographics and standard of care available. 

Also, smokers are fucked.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Alarm over everyone. 

Trump has a "hunch" that the 3.4% fatality rate is too high and the WHO have given out a "false number."

Worracunt.

"Ive had coronavirus. I know coronovirus. Its no big deal. Everyone knows I'm the head health guy. Its all ok. We will build the wall" 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

I work for a chain of pharmacies probably not the one you all know I was delivering in the Llandudno area today .

I went In to one of our branches and they had a sign on the door saying they had run out of masks hand gel and wipes some woman had been in asking for all the items i mentioned when she was told they had run out she said to the woman serving here " thanks to you and your company I'm going to die now " 

People need to get a bleeding grip 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I work for a chain of pharmacies probably not the one you all know I was delivering in the Llandudno area today .

I went In to one of our branches and they had a sign on the door saying they had run out of masks hand gel and wipes some woman had been in asking for all the items i mentioned when she was told they had run out she said to the woman serving here " thanks to you and your company I'm going to die now " 

People need to get a bleeding grip 

People are just absolute maniacs. Genuine fucking headaches. 

• Upvote 2

Starting to become a bit of a concern as someone with underlying health issues aswell.

Going to grab a load of wipes and shit and wipe everything down once I get to work of a evening. Luckily I work alone and don't see many other staff. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Alder Hey Children's Hospital hit by coronavirus as child tests positive for disease

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/alder-hey-childrens-hospital-hit-17871137

Think that might be my cousins kid. He's getting treated for leukaemia and it was mentioned the other day he was getting tested for it. 

38 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Think that might be my cousins kid. He's getting treated for leukaemia and it was mentioned the other day he was getting tested for it. 

Fingers crossed that its mild and he quickly gets past it.

I’m spending the days filling in forms asking me how manufacturers will cope if there’s a massive outbreak.  

the temptation to write ‘they’ll be at home dying, trying not to die or looking after their dying relatives just like you’ is strong! 

We've a doctor over here in Ireland who was in Italy last week. He told the Irish equivalent of nhs where he was but they still gave him the all clear to work a full shift in the most over crowded hospital in Ireland. Turns out he,and his nurse wife and his 2 kids have it.

The sheer incompetence of people in charge is mind boggling

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, niallers said:

We've a doctor over here in Ireland who was in Italy last week. He told the Irish equivalent of nhs where he was but they still gave him the all clear to work a full shift in the most over crowded hospital in Ireland. Turns out he,and his nurse wife and his 2 kids have it.

The sheer incompetence of people in charge is mind boggling

Thats a feckin disgrace