You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

59 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I dont think it's just the death toll that's got this so big. It's the illness and how it could effect the vulnerable that's one of the concerns. 

Also in the local news today.

Child of parent with coronavirus attended school yesterday

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/child-parent-confirmed-coronavirus-attended-17854250#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

The Wirral by Friday....

tenor.gif?itemid=8853725

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Don’t worry, I’m on our Coronavirus working group. Should have it cracked by Monday, Tuesday at the latest. 

We had an update earlier today- links to various sites have been put on the intranet homepage. I know that's the first place I look when I'm after health information.

23 minutes ago, Mudface said:

We had an update earlier today- links to various sites have been put on the intranet homepage. I know that's the first place I look when I'm after health information.

I boil my mouse every half hour.  

By next week we’ll all be working from home. 

10 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Do you reckon if you replaced a few of the bits on it you could get an Ebola virus? Could be a cracking franchise if so.

You could just change the colour of some of the bits. Outside of microbiologists hardly anyone knows what an Ebola virus looks like anyway.

Collect the set - Coronavirus, Ebola, SARS and the Flu!

EDIT: You know, we may have the germ (no pun intended) of an idea for an Etsy business here.

Just now, Anubis said:

You could just change the colour of some of the bits. Outside of microbiologists hardly anyone knows what an Ebola virus looks like anyway.

Collect the set - Coronavirus, Ebola, SARS and the Flu!

Bet the fucking posh kids get all of those, plus the accessory kits to turn them into whatever virus they want.

Bit like the CIA in real life.

Couple of interesting points I think in these tweets, that Spanish person dying three weeks ago and them not realising they had it until now means there will be more deaths from it than we realise but it makes you wonder just how many more cases there are they haven’t picked up on with people having mild symptoms and just thinking they’ve got a cold or normal flu etc... not to mention the asymptomatic people. 

Obviously it’s a big IF but if there are loads of people who have had it and not realised and turned out ok then the mortality rate could be a lot smaller. 

45 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Couple of interesting points I think in these tweets, that Spanish person dying three weeks ago and them not realising they had it until now means there will be more deaths from it than we realise but it makes you wonder just how many more cases there are they haven’t picked up on with people having mild symptoms and just thinking they’ve got a cold or normal flu etc... not to mention the asymptomatic people. 

Obviously it’s a big IF but if there are loads of people who have had it and not realised and turned out ok then the mortality rate could be a lot smaller. 

This goes against what the WHO is saying: 

First, COVID-19 does not transmit as efficiently as influenza. With influenza, people who are infected but not yet sick are major drivers of transmission, which does not appear to be the case for COVID-19."

He says evidence from China shows only 1% of COVID-19 cases don't show any symptoms and that most who do get sick present symptoms within two days.

https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/who-coronavirus-tougher-to-spread-than-flu-but-more-severe

Also, they're saying the death rate seems to be around 3.4%

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

First, COVID-19 does not transmit as efficiently as influenza. With influenza, people who are infected but not yet sick are major drivers of transmission, which does not appear to be the case for COVID-19."

He says evidence from China shows only 1% of COVID-19 cases don't show any symptoms and that most who do get sick present symptoms within two days.

https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/who-coronavirus-tougher-to-spread-than-flu-but-more-severe

Fuck off. 

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Stop spreading negative publicity about mine and mudface’s new business, or we’ll sue you.

*adds Influenza to range of virus plushies*

• Upvote 1