You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

Clearly a massive conspiracy to implant tracking chips in the entire worlds population.

The funny thing is that chip implants aren't really necessary, people voluntarily go everywhere with their mobile phones, if the government wanted to track you they wouldn't have to work too hard. 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

Jordan pickford reckons there is no need to wash your hands at all,just wear gloves.He has caught fuck all

Everton players have also been told, that due to the virus they have to gather for team meetings in a sterile room free from furnishings. They were all issued a key to the trophy room yesterday. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I bet he didn't the fat lying bastard and if he did I hope he licked his hands afterwards. 

The fat bastard is going for the 'Lady Di' affect as the geriatric old bastards will lap it up. 

I bet he didn't the fat lying bastard and if he did I hope he licked his hands afterwards. 

Dear God

This is your opportunity to restore my belief in you. Get it done. Not just HairWurzel. All of them. The whole parliamentary party.

Regards

Anubis.

37 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

My missus works in the NHS. She had an emergency meeting today where they basically said that if containment fails, the NHS won't be able to cope. 

This news was brought to you by A Real Fucking Ray of Sunshine!

I don’t think anything could cope with it.  That’s the point. 

My happy thought was brought about by reading about the Liberty Parade and the Spanish flu epidemic.  There wasn’t enough people to collect the dead bodies so they were left to rot in their houses.  

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I don’t think anything could cope with it.  That’s the point. 

My happy thought was brought about by reading about the Liberty Parade and the Spanish flu epidemic.  There wasn’t enough people to collect the dead bodies so they were left to rot in their houses.  

Well, I think that's why the big effort for containment. Without it the doctor&nurse/patient ratio becomes completely unmanageable. People who potentially would survive with the correct treatment don't get it, because there just isn't enough health support or health facilities.

It might be like The Winter of Discontent all over again. They've said 80% of people could get it which is about 50 million people, which with a 1% fatality rate (which would rise based on the reasons above), you'd be looking at half a million dead bodies.

So, yeah; wash your hands!

Bullshit, this cunt doesn't go within a mile of a hospital without turning it into a staged photo-op to pretend he gives a shit about the NHS, and he expects us to believe he shook hands with these people without his squad of photographers and PR present?

There's zero chance he has even been in the same room as somebody with corona let alone touched them. 

• Upvote 1

It probably says a lot about me but I was more disturbed about the stupid fucking lectern and the flags behind the fat shit , and don't start me on Philip Schofield joking that good old 'Boris' was keeping us waiting , he wouldn't say Jeremy or Keir in the circumstances  would he ?

Flu kills 17,000 a year in this country, which is 17,000 more than coronavirus at this point. I wouldn't go as far as saying this is mass hysteria, but the response seems... disproportionate to the level of threat displayed thus far.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Flu kills 17,000 a year in this country, which is 17,000 more than coronavirus so far. I wouldn't go as far as saying this is mass hysteria, but the response seems... disproportionate to the level of threat displayed thus far.

I dont think it's just the death toll that's got this so big. It's the illness and how it could effect the vulnerable that's one of the concerns. 

Also in the local news today.

Child of parent with coronavirus attended school yesterday

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/child-parent-confirmed-coronavirus-attended-17854250#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

7 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I dont think it's just the death toll that's got this so big. It's the illness and how it could effect the vulnerable that's one of the concerns. 

Also in the local news today.

Child of parent with coronavirus attended school yesterday

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/child-parent-confirmed-coronavirus-attended-17854250#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

But isn’t that the same group that’s vulnerable to flu?