You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's hard to take the news from Korea seriously.

That original clip is absolute TV magic. One of the toppest, most comediest scenes of all time. The coup de grace is the nanny/mother reaching back one more time to close the door. You did brilliant girl; I'm almost certain nobody noticed a thing. 

On 03/02/2020 at 14:34, The Woolster said:

Had recently (just before the outbreak) booked a family holiday in MArch/April to Thailand, with a few days in Singapore at the end. The Woolstess is stressing...

9 hours ago, rb14 said:

Mr rb14 went out to Thailand and Vietnam last Thursday for three fab weeks. I join him out there this Tuesday. Yayyyyy. Match tomorrow see? Not missing that. Might not get to see another. 

Better still, if I do catch this thing and die, I've got myself covered in the Deathpool thread. @The Woolster will back me up - assuming he's not a goner too. 

I wouldn't assume anything...

I've had a bit of a cough for about two months, never ever go the doctors but did to pacify other people, I don't have this corona virus unfortunately but possibly mild asthma, which is just a swizz of an illness. My bird is ten years younger than me (back of the net) so I kept that to myself, not going full Turdseye just yet with Inhalers and and daily medication, behave.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I've had a bit of a cough for about two months, never ever go the doctors but did to pacify other people, I don't have this corona virus unfortunately but possibly mild asthma, which is just a swizz of an illness. My bird is ten years younger than me (back of the net) so I kept that to myself, not going full Turdseye just yet with Inhalers and and daily medication, behave.

Posting you don't have Coronavirus in the Coronavirus thread? I think another space is needed in the Wirral. 

5 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

She's 51? Hmmm. Some net.

• Upvote 1

Racists gotta racist and cunts gotta cunt.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/shocking-attack-woman-punched-unconcious-17796485

A woman has been savagely beaten in what is believed to be the Midlands' first case of coronavirus rage.

Trainee lawyer Meera Solanki was among a group targeted after her Chinese friend was told: "Take your f***ing coronavirus back home!"

Yesterday, a member of a Birmingham based Anglo-Chinese group said paranoia surrounding the disease has led to unease and confrontation.

West Midlands Police have launched an appeal to find the thug responsible for the shocking violence outside Birmingham's Ana Rocha Bar and Gallery, on Frederick Street, in the early hours of Sunday, February 9.

An ambulance was called to the scene.

Her Chinese friend Mandy Huang, 28, endured racial abuse, was dubbed "a dirty C****" and accused of carrying the virus. Miss Solanki who bravely attempted to protect her, was knocked unconscious in the incident and hospitalised.

One witness told the Sunday Mercury: "What I saw was beyond despicable. A totally vicious assault."

Ms Solanki, from Solihull, was out with friends celebrating her 29th birthday  including Miss Huang who was visiting from London - when she was attacked.

In an interview with Sunday Mercury,  Miss Solanki said: “ I was having Birthday drinks with a group of of girls and guys including Chinese friends.

“There were a group of Asian men inside the venue - one of them kept coming up to me and harassing me. He seemed to have a problem with me being an Indian girl with a multi racial group of friends.

“We tried to ignore him, even when he tried to spit at one of my friends. Towards the end of the night - there was just the three of us girls left including my Chinese friend Mandy. The man came over again and was being aggressive so we left but he followed us. For some reason he got really angry with her.  He started abusing her calling her a dirty chink. He said "take your f****** Corona virus and take it back home“

“I was shocked and angry so I shouted for him to stop and tried to push him away.

"He punched me in the head,  I hit the pavement and was knocked unconcious.

Miss Solanki,  a trainee lawyer,  spent six hours at Heartlands Hospital where she was treated with concussion. She was off work for a week.

She added: "I was so shocked and horrified by his aggressive behaviour and horrific words. As I lay unconscious he continued to threaten my friends and abuse them before walking away calmly with his group of friends who did nothing to stop him or help me.”

There are 400,000 Chinese people living in England and Wales. Reports of coronavirus violence has already surfaced in  Newcastle, York and Manchester. This month's shocking attack is the first in our region. Leading members of the Second City's Chinese community fear it will not be the last.

A spokeswoman for Birmingham Chinese Society - set-up to foster relations between the city's Western and East Asian residents - said: "There has always been abuse. The virus has given some individuals a reason for that abuse."

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Racists gotta racist and cunts gotta cunt.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/shocking-attack-woman-punched-unconcious-17796485

A woman has been savagely beaten in what is believed to be the Midlands' first case of coronavirus rage.

Trainee lawyer Meera Solanki was among a group targeted after her Chinese friend was told: "Take your f***ing coronavirus back home!"

Yesterday, a member of a Birmingham based Anglo-Chinese group said paranoia surrounding the disease has led to unease and confrontation.

West Midlands Police have launched an appeal to find the thug responsible for the shocking violence outside Birmingham's Ana Rocha Bar and Gallery, on Frederick Street, in the early hours of Sunday, February 9.

An ambulance was called to the scene.

Her Chinese friend Mandy Huang, 28, endured racial abuse, was dubbed "a dirty C****" and accused of carrying the virus. Miss Solanki who bravely attempted to protect her, was knocked unconscious in the incident and hospitalised.

One witness told the Sunday Mercury: "What I saw was beyond despicable. A totally vicious assault."

Ms Solanki, from Solihull, was out with friends celebrating her 29th birthday  including Miss Huang who was visiting from London - when she was attacked.

In an interview with Sunday Mercury,  Miss Solanki said: “ I was having Birthday drinks with a group of of girls and guys including Chinese friends.

“There were a group of Asian men inside the venue - one of them kept coming up to me and harassing me. He seemed to have a problem with me being an Indian girl with a multi racial group of friends.

“We tried to ignore him, even when he tried to spit at one of my friends. Towards the end of the night - there was just the three of us girls left including my Chinese friend Mandy. The man came over again and was being aggressive so we left but he followed us. For some reason he got really angry with her.  He started abusing her calling her a dirty chink. He said "take your f****** Corona virus and take it back home“

“I was shocked and angry so I shouted for him to stop and tried to push him away.

"He punched me in the head,  I hit the pavement and was knocked unconcious.

Miss Solanki,  a trainee lawyer,  spent six hours at Heartlands Hospital where she was treated with concussion. She was off work for a week.

She added: "I was so shocked and horrified by his aggressive behaviour and horrific words. As I lay unconscious he continued to threaten my friends and abuse them before walking away calmly with his group of friends who did nothing to stop him or help me.”

There are 400,000 Chinese people living in England and Wales. Reports of coronavirus violence has already surfaced in  Newcastle, York and Manchester. This month's shocking attack is the first in our region. Leading members of the Second City's Chinese community fear it will not be the last.

A spokeswoman for Birmingham Chinese Society - set-up to foster relations between the city's Western and East Asian residents - said: "There has always been abuse. The virus has given some individuals a reason for that abuse."

Jesus that's fucked up