You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Jan 18-22 2020)

tlw content

On 23/01/2020 at 15:08, dave u said:

It virtually wrote itself this time. Roy besting Pep, United embarrassing themselves at home and then the Everton collapse.

If I couldn't make this one funny then I'm in the wrong game.

Topped off with a great photo - even if the ball hits P(r)ickford it would still be a goal!

• Upvote 1

Excellent report Dave. Class. 

On that YouTube clip, the people laughing at the poor fella. Perhaps it's just because I wasn't there (spoiler alert; it's not), but from afar, I fail to see the funny side of a player kicking a corner flag that hits a spectator in the bollies. And when the victim is doubled over in pain, it's even less funny. How is it not a sending-off offence? Seriously. 

It's like a few years back there was nothing funny about David Nalbandian kicking an advertising board which in turn hit the leg of a line judge. Instant dismissal. 

• Upvote 2

It's funny because it hit him in the balls.

Wouldn't have been funny if it hit him anywhere else, but it was the balls, so that's automatically funny. Not sure how you're not getting that, but next time I see you outside the Kop I'll slap you in the nuts and we'll see if the lads find it funny. If they laugh, I'm right, if they don't, then I'll bow to you on this one.

The tennis one isn't funny at all. But if he'd booted a tennis ball in frustration and it hit the guy in the plums, that would have been funny.

4 hours ago, dave u said:

It's funny because it hit him in the balls.

Wouldn't have been funny if it hit him anywhere else, but it was the balls, so that's automatically funny. Not sure how you're not getting that, but next time I see you outside the Kop I'll slap you in the nuts and we'll see if the lads find it funny. If they laugh, I'm right, if they don't, then I'll bow to you on this one.

The tennis one isn't funny at all. But if he'd booted a tennis ball in frustration and it hit the guy in the plums, that would have been funny.

Yeah but to do that, you'd have to pitch up on time. So, no chance. And when you say "lads"... ...those people are spectators going the game. That's why they're all walking past you. Admittedly some of them chuck a few bob your way, but only coz they think you're a tramp. 

• dave u unpinned this topic

The Everton analysis is worth the annual subscription on its own. 

Everton. Fucking hell. Just when you think they couldn’t possibly be any more Everton, they go and out-Everton themselves. That was some top class Evertoning against Newcastle. How is that even possible? Because they’re Everton, that’s why.”

Gets me every time I read this. Brilliant. 

• Upvote 1