You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Deathpool 2020

The Woolster

2 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Fucking hell, he started young then. They were out in the 60s

Hey Herbie could do anything....

To be honest I just saw the Dean Jones bit.....I remember him being very good during the 89 tour when Australia thrashed England 4-0...As you said that's no age 

8 hours ago, Gruntfuttock said:

Actor Frank Windsor (Z Cars) gone at 92.

I was only watching him the other day in the first episode of Z Cars, it was filmed by the old lift Bridge in Litherland at the entry to the Tar Works and you can see my old alehouse the Red Lion, good times years ago, dump now though, well it was as its closed for good sadly. 

16 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I was only watching him the other day in the first episode of Z Cars, it was filmed by the old lift Bridge in Litherland at the entry to the Tar Works and you can see my old alehouse the Red Lion, good times years ago, dump now though, well it was as its closed for good sadly. 

I remember watching that first episode - and most of the ones afterward. Groundbreaking TV at the time

• Upvote 1

On 07/10/2020 at 01:20, Gruntfuttock said:

Singer Johnny Nash goes at 80.

I'm only familiar with that one song, I Can See Clearly, a really nice one it is too when it picks up on the 2nd verse and another that takes me back to schooldays. 

I've just read he was the first non Jamaican to record over there, something like that. 

6 hours ago, Gruntfuttock said:

Actress Margaret Nolan (Carry on Films & Goldfinger) goes at 76.

Actor Ronald Forfar (Freddie Boswell in Bread) goes at 81.

She had some body on her back in the day.

I knew a fella who was Ronald Forfar's nephew.

He decided to take his Missus to stay in a b&b in Forfar because of his surname and because it's not very common, he was asked were they related.

The local press got wind of it next thing there's an interview and it's Uncle Ronnie this and Uncle Ronnie that and it gets splashed all over the local rag.

There was only about 10 years difference in their ages and he hadn't seen him in donkeys years.

Bit of a tit really.

• 2 weeks later...