You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Deathpool 2020

The Woolster

6 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Andy Weatherall RIP

Sad as fuck that, proper fucking musical legend and all round top bloke.

Lucky enough to have met him and had a blether a good few times, though once I was mashed in Leeds and smoked a duck load of his tabs before he went on at a blood sugar night.

see some of the absolute yahoos who couldn’t beat match raking in millions these days.

fucking gutted.

On 16/02/2020 at 19:29, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Not entirely sure blaming the CPS for taking domestic violence so seriously is the right course in the aftermath of such a tragedy.

Victims often ask for charges to be dropped, find themselves drawn back to their partner and re-enter a cycle of abuse. 

Totally. There is a zero tolerance policy on Domestic Violence for good reason, no matter the gender, race or sexuality of the perpetrator.

I can't see how blame is attached to the CPS or bail conditions for this.

That's what the Courts are for, no matter whether you have confidence in the Justice system.

Bail Conditions are there for numerous reasons, mainly to protect the victim, whether that be an 8 foot tall Docker or a timid 4' 10" wife.

There are many of us on here that have been involved in the sphere of domestic violence, whether is be on the prosecution/defence/risk assessment or social service/charitable side of it.

I have to say that up until recently I had no idea who Caroline Flack was or anything about her, simply because I choose not to participate in what passes for modern culture, just a choice, not a badge of honour or political choice.

But...an allegation of Domestic violence is what it is and should always be taken seriously, no matter who the perpetrator and victim is.

The fall out of all this is terrible and the blame seems to lie somewhere in the cracks between the insatiable need and want for celebrity and the never ending need, desire and morbid curiosity for sensationalism.

I have mixed feelings and ideas about all this, mainly because I don't understand it.

It's not a world I understand or crave, but I do know that some people exist under a spotlight, some people like it, some people don't.

Part of me thinks, live by the sword, fall by the sword, but the overriding feeling is, as it's always been that the gutter press and the gutter minds in what passes as modern culture need to look long and hard at themselves.

I don't know Caroline Flack, I knew nothing of her, but the one thing I do know is that nobody should be used as a scoring board for morally repugnant people and the unfettered press to drive to suicide over something that is not the business, concern or preserve of anyone else but those involved and the justice system.

BUT, an allegation of Domestic Violence should always be taken seriously, because as @Babb'sBurst:Nad said victims often ask for charges to be dropped, or are coerced to do so. And, then they either go back for more because they have no other option, or because they are vilified and victim blaming seems to be the new sport in a right wing society.

• Upvote 4

Creator of copy and paste command, Larry Tesler, dies aged 74

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Is this going to reach the point where corona deaths are counted as being like they charity shield? Glorified friendly, not a proper trophy.

Bonus points if it takes out Murdoch or the other arseholes on Jaizinhos hit list