You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Liverpool fans are the best in the world

TLW

Luis Suarez has said that in his opinion Liverpool supporters are the best in World Football.

The once-adored Uruguayan was public enemy number one for Reds fans in the semi final Champions League tie against Barcelona last May due to his running battles with Liverpool players, most namely Andy Robertson.

The pair clashed on numerous occasions and Suárez was at his snidey best when he put the left-back out of action with a kick to the calf just before half time in the second leg.

However as we know all too well, Robbo had the last laugh on that occasion. 

The antics were a taste of what opposition fans had known for years about the 32 year-old.

You absolutely love to have him on your side, but when he wears the colours of the team you are coming up against then it is a whole different story.

He is the ultimate competitor, he may not always go about it the right way, but it is his way of making sure his team is successful.

Currently on the sidelines with a serious knee injury, Suarez spoke about how much the supporters meant to him in his 3 and a half seasons at the club.

The Liverpool Echo via OTRO reported Suárez as saying

"I would say amongst the best.

“ They are amongst the best football fans because of all the love they always gave me during my time at Liverpool.

“They have always loved me and treated me exceptionally well. 

“That's why they are amongst the best football fans in the world.

"For me, the best."

There has been plenty of discussion about the future of Suarez and if Barcelona will look to move on the veteran in the summer as they look to freshen up their front line.

image.png

Suarez will always be remembered for his outstanding performances at the Reds, and it is nice that he still respects those who spent their hard earned to watch him play.

Losing a player who could easily be described as a generational talent is always incredibly hard to overcome.

There have been some dark times over the subsequent period, but the recovery has been executed superbly.

View full article

• Upvote 1

I loved him when he was ours. I rejoiced in his sheer brilliance. I adore Bobby but I'm not sure he's better than Suarez when he was here. And although I hated him for celebrating like he did in the first leg, for crocking Robbo and for generally being snide, I also know I'd have loved to see him doing that if the roles were reversed and he was playing for us having come from Barca. Didn't he even have a pic taken 

(with Messi?) in front of our trophy wall? 

I love Big Div, but if I had the choice I'd still prefer Suarez as a back up choice for Mo, Bobby and Sadio. 

2 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Boss player and very easy to support when he’s yours. 13-14 still haunts me, Sturridge, Suarez and Coutinho are relics to this club now. What Klopp has done is ridiculous.

And Sterling also. 13/14 was a great journey. Tough few years after but even better now

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

He’s probably done now at the highest level and I wouldn’t want him back at any price.

The highest level being us. He could still start for anyone else.

He should go to Italy, though. The league is absolutely made for him. Slower, more calculating, and he'd be an absolute star there.

Rejuvenating Napoli would be perfect for him.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

The highest level being us. He could still start for anyone else.

He should go to Italy, though. The league is absolutely made for him. Slower, more calculating, and he'd be an absolute star there.

Rejuvenating Napoli would be perfect for him.

Maybe but I don’t see Suarez as the kind of guy that will accept playing at lower levels with good grace . 

6 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

From the intensity of “Fuck off Suarez” as he stood to kick off, to how much what we did to them haunts Barcelona as a club, we ended the Suarez link that night. He’s an irrelevance to us now, and that’s far healthier.

Yep. Honestly, I'd rather forget he even played for the club. He was intoxicating to watch when he was here, but he was in equal parts an embarrassment. And when he comes out with these quotes about Liverpool it just comes off condescending considering his actions.