You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What non-Liverpool players in world football get into our starting 11?

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Messi, obviously. Mbappé, De Bruyne, Kanté. There are probably a few CB's in the world that are better than either Matip or Gomez. That's about it.

Yeah Mbappe forgot about him. Not many though at all. We are fucking sublime. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

A year ago defo. I honestly think its 50/50 between him and Fabinho now for the best DM in the world. I don't think I'd swap Fabinho for him actually. 

Kanté would play in front of, or alongside Fabinho, not instead of him. He's never played in a lone holding role in his career.  

Guest Pistonbroke

Our team and indeed the squad runs like a well oiled machine. There are quite a few individuals who are better than certain players within our starting 11 but there would be no guarantee that they would fit into the best oiled machine in the World at the moment. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

He has but thanks. Stick to knowing nothing about ligue 1. 

Its never suited him playing as the deepest player. Even at Leicester Drinkwater sat deep with him or behind him. He's like Mascherano, he needs to got hint the ball

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He has but thanks. Stick to knowing nothing about ligue 1. 

He literally has not played there since coming to England. Or with France. Midfield 2 with Drinkwater. Midfield 2 with Matic at Chelsea. Midfield 2 with Pogba. Ahead of Jorginho, both with Sarri and Lampard.

You clueless cunt.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

He literally has not played there since coming to England. Or with France. Midfield 2 with Drinkwater. Midfield 2 with Matic at Chelsea. Midfield 2 with Pogba. Ahead of Jorginho, both with Sarri and Lampard.

You clueless cunt.

Hard you posting from your mums spare room. Ive seen him play in the lone role a few times for Leicester. Its where I first noticed how good he was. You are saying he never has, I am saying Ive seen him do it. You fucking blert. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hard you posting from your mums spare room. Ive seen him play in the lone role a few times for Leicester. Its where I first noticed how good he was. You are saying he never has, I am saying Ive seen him do it. You fucking blert. 

So in your fucking world 11, he's replacing Fabinho in the holding role because you saw him play a few games there 4 years ago despite it being a position he has almost never played in since? What an idiot.

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Depends if you mean better players or better players for Liverpool  and our system. There are plenty of better midfielders in the world but very few better for us than what we have

Exactly. Even if Klopp adapts our system again (and he has adapted it a little every year since he's been here), he works best with players who are talented yet versatile, and crucially give 100% to the team effort. As a club, we've also been more successful when signing players who are not already superstars but who can become so if they do well here.

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

So in your fucking world 11, he's replacing Fabinho in the holding role because you saw him play a few games there 4 years ago despite it being a position he has almost never played in since? What an idiot.

Teji Savernier 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Probably because he's been out of position, I think he was definitely more defensive before Jorginho and Sarri

Yeah, they've kind of shoved him out on the right in a M/F 3 a lot of late, or in a centre MF of two on the right. 

6 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

hold the fuck on, Klopp signed Oxlade after seeing him play CM once, is he an idiot?

What are you talking about? First of all, how is that relevant? Secondly, Chamberlain had always been a centre mid masquerading as a winger/wing back/anywhere Wenger put him that wasn't the middle. Kanté has been world class and emerged as one of the best players in the world playing as a box to box midfielder.

He's played there almost for the entirety of his career. Now he's a bit more offensive, whereas at Leicester and under Conte it was bit more defensive because he was playing with only one other midfielder.

11 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Kante is better deeper, he isn't as effective winning the ball back higher, his 2 best seasons were when he played deeper and more defensive

It's relevant because it's about context, you have dismissed Kante as a defensive mid because you have decided you're right, you stated that because Stig seen Kante play as a DM he was wrong as in your opinion that's not were he plays. Well I never thought Oxlade would make it in the centre, so it's relevant as in I was wrong and I think you are about Kante, you also called someone an idiot over their views having seen him play there a few times.

To put it more succinctly I think you're a cunt Stacksy (can I call you that)

Hey dumbass, if you read the thread, that cunt Bjornebye, who can't decide whether he wants to be a dick to me or be a decent human being, provoked me. I only responded to his rudeness.

Secondly, and I'm tired of talking about this because people who say this don't know what they're talking about, Kanté simply has not played in a holding role in a 4-3-3. Maybe he did at Caen, I forget, but he never has in England where he became a world class player.

Once you say he would replace Fabinho in our team it's a cue you don't know what you're talking about. They don't play the same position.

That's just a fact. I'm just stating a fact. If you don't like it, if you want to say he'd be good in Fabinho's position, go ahead. Messi would be a good left back too, I bet. He's just never really played there.