You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (A) Premier League 20/1/2020 - 20:00

Bjornebye

50 minutes ago, redheart said:

I dont get the Traore love in.

he doesn't seem that good to me.

For 95% of the game he is just a passenger lolling around.

Then when he gets the balls is tough is ropey, he kicks it and runs fast and 1 in 4 crosses look half way decent. He is lucky that his stuff comes off 1 game in 12 such as against City.

Not a top notch player

I think the jest is that Klopp could teach him real end product. But he is a nightmare for defenders, and you pretty much have to double down on him, which frees alot of space up for others as he did last night. I'd take him in a heartbeat, not for his skills, but for the fear factor, and then hope the staff could drill some end product into him.

37 minutes ago, Johnlj said:

I think the jest is that Klopp could teach him real end product. But he is a nightmare for defenders, and you pretty much have to double down on him, which frees alot of space up for others as he did last night. I'd take him in a heartbeat, not for his skills, but for the fear factor, and then hope the staff could drill some end product into him.

hqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, redheart said:

I dont get the Traore love in.

he doesn't seem that good to me.

For 95% of the game he is just a passenger lolling around.

Then when he gets the balls is tough is ropey, he kicks it and runs fast and 1 in 4 crosses look half way decent. He is lucky that his stuff comes off 1 game in 12 such as against City.

Not a top notch player

And he has beans on a fry up. Cunt. I'm out. 

Reading through the match reports in the papers, you'd think Wolves were hard done to losing last night. But if you look at the hard facts, we bested them in virtually every area you look at.

Im left wondering if Mo and to a lesser extent Bobby and Sadio while he was on, hadnt wasted all their chances, Wolves, like united on Sunday, would have been on the end of a 4 or 5 goal hiding. And I wonder what the narrative towards Wolves would have been in those circumstances.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Reading through the match reports in the papers, you'd think Wolves were hard done to losing last night. But if you look at the hard facts, we bested them in virtually every area you look at.

Im left wondering if Mo and to a lesser extent Bobby and Sadio while he was on, hadnt wasted all their chances, Wolves, like united on Sunday, would have been on the end of a 4 or 5 goal hiding. And I wonder what the narrative towards Wolves would have been in those circumstances.

I reckon Wolves were great.  And we won.

Who cares whether we "bested them", old bean?

We won.

We won.

Again.

Winning's best.  Not besting. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, skaro said:

I reckon Wolves were great.  And we won.

Who cares whether we "bested them", old bean?

We won.

We won.

Again.

Winning's best.  Not besting. 

Dead right. There’s nothing wrong with giving wolves credit. They played well and could’ve won it. There were times in the second half when they looked more likely than we did to come away with the spoils.

it doesn’t make them genuinely hard done by, but considering how good we are and that nobody has yet beaten us, they deserve a lot of credit for pushing us as hard as pretty much anyone. They were more deserving of a point than the only team that've actually taken a point off us.

thankfully, at the same time, we played quite well overall ourselves and did enough to win it.

we could’ve won more handsomely, we could’ve drawn or lost, so credit all round - and thankfully our credit comes with three points attached, while their credit is in galant defeat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The only time Wolves look in our league is when they play us. They have won 8 league games.

Two of them against Man City, in fairness. It really isn't too strong to say that it is performances against Wolves that have defined the top of the table. 

31 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The only time Wolves look in our league is when they play us. They have won 8 league games.

...and when they play Manchester City.

I’ve got a lot of respect for them actually. Their manager seems to do things the right way. In interviews he comes across as a no nonsense man, honest and respectful. He stays positive and works to improve them long term. He’s certainly implemented his own style of football. It’s different, it’s innovating and a kind of excitingly new way of doing things on the field.

So they do struggle against the dross, but do well against the top teams. I wonder if I haven't heard that one before about another team being placed app 5-7 in the league a couple of years ago.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Wolves do not have any creativity to break teams down that sit back.

It's no wonder they look best against teams who play. There is more room behind for them against the better sides.

Yep. They lost twice to Huddersfield last season. They are not a top side, not even close, but they certainly have a coherent style of play and that's more than you can say about most teams. And Traoré can break the game open against anyone.

Have just watched this, I don't think Wolves did anything special at all really. They scored a great goal, had another couple of good chances, but nothing else that caused us that many problems.

The one thing that bugs me more than anything else is that Robbo's booking was the first this season and I'm fucking sure Traore was offside anyway. The linesman was standing right next to him as well.

Really glad Fabinho is back too.