Quantcast
Wolves (A) Premier League 20/1/2020 - 20:00 - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Wolves (A) Premier League 20/1/2020 - 20:00

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

 

 

Shaq has a minor calf injury again.

Those massive calves of his are doing him no favours, should have stick insect calves like me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Elite said:

Those massive calves of his are doing him no favours, should have stick insect calves like me.

More cows than calves with him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Elite said:

Those massive calves of his are doing him no favours, should have stick insect calves like me.

I have got chunky calves and thighs especially and I am ill all the time. The fact I am 30 years older than Shaq should make him ashamed of his injury record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I have got chunky calves and thighs especially and I am ill all the time. The fact I am 30 years older than Shaq should make him ashamed of his injury record.

Think it's purely genetic, I used to train calves like mad in the gym and they'd never grow, fucking cunts.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dockers_strike said:

Dropping Joe and Gini, are you mad?

I think that’s what Klopp will do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

I think that’s what Klopp will do.

He's not dropping Joe, his quickest centre back to bring back Matip. As for Gini, unless he has a knock or is in the red zone on his stats, I cannot see him dropping him either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dockers_strike said:

He's not dropping Joe, his quickest centre back to bring back Matip. As for Gini, unless he has a knock or is in the red zone on his stats, I cannot see him dropping him either.

Joe hasn’t had a rest since early December! Virgil had two games off in that time (CWC first game and FA cup). He’s defo due a rest. I think one of Gini and Hendo will be rested... and Klopp is a big fan of Lallana. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The place is absolutely Gomez's to lose now. I think there's little doubt that Klopp has always seen Gomez as Virgil's long-term partner; had he not got the injury against Burnley I'm not sure Matip would have got a look in. I'd be astonished if Klopp chose to break up a defence that has kept 7 clean sheets in a row for one of the toughest games we have left this season...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

The place is absolutely Gomez's to lose now. I think there's little doubt that Klopp has always seen Gomez as Virgil's long-term partner; had he not got the injury against Burnley I'm not sure Matip would have got a look in. I'd be astonished if Klopp chose to break up a defence that has kept 7 clean sheets in a row for one of the toughest games we have left this season...

Yep. Matip came in and did a magnificent job from when Joe got injured. Joe got his place back when Matip's knee caused him to miss games. I actually think since the everton FA Cup game, Joe has been as impervious as Virgil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2020 at 11:48, Bjornebye said:

Cam a mod change the date to the 23rd please? @dave u 

If we don’t smash them 0-5 then I’m putting all the blame on the incorrect date on this thread and everyone posting on it

 

Quite frankly it messing with my tiny OCD mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yep. Matip came in and did a magnificent job from when Joe got injured. Joe got his place back when Matip's knee caused him to miss games. I actually think since the everton FA Cup game, Joe has been as impervious as Virgil.

Agreed. At his best, Gomez is the one that could come as close as anyone to 'replacing' Virgil if he ever got injured.

 

In spite of them both having played well alongside Virgil, a partnership of Matip and Lovren would still give me the absolute fear. But Gomez alongside either Matip or Lovren would be ok — a drop in quality of course, as van Dijk is genuinely the best centre back I have ever seen — but ok nonetheless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Alisson

Trent

Matip

Van Dijk

Robertson

Fabinho

Henderson

Lallana

Salah

Mane

Firmino

source.gif

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, niallers said:

Also, Gomez hasn't played a lot before December. He should be fine to go again tomorrow. Then it's a week to west ham. 

If they travel with Northern Rail. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Alisson

Trent

Matip

Van Dijk

Robertson

Fabinho

Henderson

Lallana

Salah

Mane

Firmino

I think you’re close with the midfield. I expect Gini to get a rest, and it’s either/or between Lallana and ox.

 

theres no way joe get dropped though. None.

 

if not only because he’s played really well since coming in, or that we’ve not conceded a goal in that time, or that Matip isn’t going to asked to knock the rust off in one of our trickiest remaining away matches, if not only for those things, then for the fact that he’s lightning quick which tends to help against fast counter attacking teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Charlie Nicolas predicts we’ll lose as we have a dodgy defence.  He’s said that consistently throughout the season. 

Broken clocks etc.  Far from confident about this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×