You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (A) Premier League 20/1/2020 - 20:00

Bjornebye

22 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I have got chunky calves and thighs especially and I am ill all the time. The fact I am 30 years older than Shaq should make him ashamed of his injury record.

Think it's purely genetic, I used to train calves like mad in the gym and they'd never grow, fucking cunts.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dockers_strike said:

He's not dropping Joe, his quickest centre back to bring back Matip. As for Gini, unless he has a knock or is in the red zone on his stats, I cannot see him dropping him either.

Joe hasn’t had a rest since early December! Virgil had two games off in that time (CWC first game and FA cup). He’s defo due a rest. I think one of Gini and Hendo will be rested... and Klopp is a big fan of Lallana. 

The place is absolutely Gomez's to lose now. I think there's little doubt that Klopp has always seen Gomez as Virgil's long-term partner; had he not got the injury against Burnley I'm not sure Matip would have got a look in. I'd be astonished if Klopp chose to break up a defence that has kept 7 clean sheets in a row for one of the toughest games we have left this season...

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

The place is absolutely Gomez's to lose now. I think there's little doubt that Klopp has always seen Gomez as Virgil's long-term partner; had he not got the injury against Burnley I'm not sure Matip would have got a look in. I'd be astonished if Klopp chose to break up a defence that has kept 7 clean sheets in a row for one of the toughest games we have left this season...

Yep. Matip came in and did a magnificent job from when Joe got injured. Joe got his place back when Matip's knee caused him to miss games. I actually think since the everton FA Cup game, Joe has been as impervious as Virgil.

On 21/01/2020 at 11:48, Bjornebye said:

Cam a mod change the date to the 23rd please? @dave u 

If we don’t smash them 0-5 then I’m putting all the blame on the incorrect date on this thread and everyone posting on it

Quite frankly it messing with my tiny OCD mind

43 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yep. Matip came in and did a magnificent job from when Joe got injured. Joe got his place back when Matip's knee caused him to miss games. I actually think since the everton FA Cup game, Joe has been as impervious as Virgil.

Agreed. At his best, Gomez is the one that could come as close as anyone to 'replacing' Virgil if he ever got injured.

In spite of them both having played well alongside Virgil, a partnership of Matip and Lovren would still give me the absolute fear. But Gomez alongside either Matip or Lovren would be ok — a drop in quality of course, as van Dijk is genuinely the best centre back I have ever seen — but ok nonetheless. 

4 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Alisson

Trent

Matip

Van Dijk

Robertson

Fabinho

Henderson

Lallana

Salah

Mane

Firmino

I think you’re close with the midfield. I expect Gini to get a rest, and it’s either/or between Lallana and ox.

theres no way joe get dropped though. None.

if not only because he’s played really well since coming in, or that we’ve not conceded a goal in that time, or that Matip isn’t going to asked to knock the rust off in one of our trickiest remaining away matches, if not only for those things, then for the fact that he’s lightning quick which tends to help against fast counter attacking teams.