Quantcast
Email this page ( Wolves (A) Premier League 20/1/2020 - 20:00 ) - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• Goalkeeper away shirt. Nicer that the black home shirt because that thumbprint pattern looks better on the yellow.     This would have made a nice outfield away shirt, with black shorts and yellow/black hooped socks. Very Dortmund-esque.
    • This was the point I was making - some of those players were brought in to replace top players and were signed to come straight into the team. Kenny Dalglish and Graeme Souness being examples. Other players were signed as prospects - some went one to become good/great players, some didn't. After the 1980s when the club suffered 30 years without a title, Liverpool probably broke the transfer record more times than most if not all other clubs. Dean Saunders, John Scales and Phil Babb spring to mind. These were signings to come in straight away and mostly they flattered to deceive.   Sure we needed less players then and players cost less and had less wages so the standards were certainly different. But during those 30 years all clubs had the same problems but the League was always won by a team other than Liverpool - even though we were signing players every year. Problem was, so was everyone else.   Right now, we are on the perch and it's now up to other clubs to buy to improve. Who knows, perhaps the club's plan is to allow the other clubs to spend themselves out and then any players left will have no other clubs to barter against.   We are the best team in England, other teams need to play catch up. Perhaps they will catch up next year. Perhaps they won't. But I know which side of that equation I prefer the club to be on.
    • When it comes to batshit conspiracy theories and bringing us into absolutely everything, they definitely turn the dial past 11. Nil Spinal Nisi Tap.    
    • What people are forgetting about Ox is that this season was always going to be a recovery one. He had a very bad injury. I still think he's at his best driving through the middle and shooting but let's give him another season to see where he is.   He might really benefit from a good pre-season
    • Not one of their current players in their video. Says it all really.
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Now

• Popular Contributors

• Football Betting Site Betway