You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia

Bjornebye

On 02/07/2020 at 06:30, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, the general feeling I have got from folks with Russian background (ex pats or travelling) here is over the last 5 or so years he is playing a blinder.

Was part of ops in the RAF at that time too - so maybe a little more than a paper pusher (read document destroyer)

That said I tend to believe he has killed some folks. Himself.

Fuck that, they are immigrants like the rest of us. 
half the pricks who use the term have very little understanding of what it means to be ex-patria, they think it distinguishes them from the darker folks.

Wilson was also investigated by MI5, trying to find evidence that he was a Soviet spy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Wilson_conspiracy_theories#:~:text=MI5 maintained a file on,penetration of the Labour Party.

50 years earlier, the Daily Heil used fake Soviet spy allegations to try to stop the first Labour Government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinoviev_letter

I'm sure there's a pattern here somewhere.

On 01/07/2020 at 21:16, Numero said:

He's more than shady. He's one of the few people who actively scares me when I see him. Did you ever see the meeting he had with billionaires where he was treating them like school children and he made one bring his pen back? It was fucking insane. 

That was class.  

'Give me back my pen'

50 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Wilson was also investigated by MI5, trying to find evidence that he was a Soviet spy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Wilson_conspiracy_theories#:~:text=MI5 maintained a file on,penetration of the Labour Party.

50 years earlier, the Daily Heil used fake Soviet spy allegations to try to stop the first Labour Government.

I know it sounds ridiculous but wasnt there talk of a plot by the American secret service to put Wilson and his entire cabinet on a boat and sail into the far distance.?

24 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Daft question, but why are there reports of illicit Russian interference in development of vaccines against Covid-19?  Why isn't this an international effort in which all the major nations share data?

There's money to be made and international kudos, can't be collaborating with forrins.

On 01/07/2020 at 21:16, Numero said:

He's more than shady. He's one of the few people who actively scares me when I see him. Did you ever see the meeting he had with billionaires where he was treating them like school children and he made one bring his pen back? It was fucking insane. 

You need a bit of that!

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Daft question, but why are there reports of illicit Russian interference in development of vaccines against Covid-19?  Why isn't this an international effort in which all the major nations share data?

I thought that , naively.

On the overall story , even the BBC piece has 2 experts saying that everybody including us and especially the US will be going full throttle spying on anybody who appears to be making a breakthrough , so not really sure why the thrust of the headline is Russia bad / everybody else good.

A lot of this is down to the US being obsessed with Russia and the UK going along with so much of the crap. The US want to control so much of the world by "leading" it, but I think others like Russia and China are more realistic in accepting cooperation, or a multipolar world or whatever it's called. And the US continue to cause so much shit due to them trying to protect the dollar as the main reserve currency whereas countries like Russia and China are actively trying to move on from all of that crap.

It doesn't make Russia = good though clearly. Putin trying to become some type of eternal King of Russia isn't helping anything, would be good if he fucked off and let someone else have a go.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

A lot of this is down to the US being obsessed with Russia and the UK going along with so much of the crap. The US want to control so much of the world by "leading" it, but I think others like Russia and China are more realistic in accepting cooperation, or a multipolar world or whatever it's called. And the US continue to cause so much shit due to them trying to protect the dollar as the main reserve currency whereas countries like Russia and China are actively trying to move on from all of that crap.

It doesn't make Russia = good though clearly. Putin trying to become some type of eternal King of Russia isn't helping anything, would be good if he fucked off and let someone else have a go.

I think you’re dramatically underestimating Russia and China there, mate. 

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I hope they took note of what Cummings did before during and after his 3 years in Russia. 

8 minutes ago, Numero said:

I think you’re dramatically underestimating Russia and China there, mate. 

I get that I could be, maybe it's due to seeing so much bullshit about them. I still think Russia and China's govs are fucked and they'd happily control the world if they could, but they seem more willing to share in the control instead of wanting to outright lead it in the case of the US. I suppose when you have the dollar to protect that kind of warps the picture though.

57 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I thought that , naively.

On the overall story , even the BBC piece has 2 experts saying that everybody including us and especially the US will be going full throttle spying on anybody who appears to be making a breakthrough , so not really sure why the thrust of the headline is Russia bad / everybody else good.

I've seen BBC, ITV and Sky news all cover this. Everyone of them has showed the same footage of Corbyn and the leaked documents. 

This has got the Tories deflection tactics all over it.

• Upvote 1