You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AFCON 2021

an tha

It doesn’t sound great, but I’m sure this summer will see the squad reenforced suitably. I have a feeling that at least one of them (I’m inclined to think Mane will go first) will reach the end of their time with us come the end of 20/21 and I expect the planned replacement will have been signed the year before.

28 minutes ago, Grinch said:

What on earth gives you that idea.   He's idolised there. 

I dare say it means more to him than his club,  like it will for most players. 

There was talk of him packing it in after all that shite around the last World Cup. The Egyptian FA are a load of bellends. Wasn’t there even talk of Mo’s family being threatened?

About them leaving...Different now though isn't it...we are back on top so why would our best players want to leave?

Where they gonna go better especially at nearly 30?

Unless of course we decide they aren't up to it amymore but I can't see that for another 3/4 years 

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It doesn’t sound great, but I’m sure this summer will see the squad reenforced suitably. I have a feeling that at least one of them (I’m inclined to think Mane will go first) will reach the end of their time with us come the end of 20/21 and I expect the planned replacement will have been signed the year before.

Fuck off with your negativ ... ohhhh, right then 

On 15/01/2020 at 17:48, viRdjil said:

I struggle to get upset about this soz

Yeah, it only moved in the first place due to international pressure.  It was never really the practical solution.  It should be every four years, but then it's also the third most enjoyable international tournament for me.  Always worth watching.  One of the few regular international events that bring money into Africa so can't blame them for wanting the regularity.

We'll plan for it, it'll give some players additional opportunities for a few weeks, hopefully it overlaps the winter break to minimise the impact on us.

Spot on from Klopp this:

For us it’s a catastrophe.
If we say he can’t go, he’s suspended. How can the club who pay his salary not decide.
If he’s injured and we say he cannot play for us, we have to send him to Africa so they can have a look.
We don’t have any say. We just plan the route.
These are all things that should not be like this.
I speak about it now and no-one will listen.
The moaner from Liverpool again. It’s a complete waste of time.
As long as nothing changes, I will keep saying it.
It’s about the players, not me.

• 1 year later...

I'll be happy enough if we can get agreement that our players can fly out by private jet straight after the Chelsea game. Hopefully achievable as they would still have a week or more to prepare for their first game. I can't see Mo being happy with his FA  if he has to miss Leicester and Chelsea just to do training sessions. 

37 minutes ago, aws said:

I'll be happy enough if we can get agreement that our players can fly out by private jet straight after the Chelsea game. Hopefully achievable as they would still have a week or more to prepare for their first game. I can't see Mo being happy with his FA  if he has to miss Leicester and Chelsea just to do training sessions. 

Certainly not whilst he's on his mission to score more goals than there are minutes.