You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2020

Captain Turdseye

3 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Be amazing if they got John Fury against Joshua's old man on the undercard. Add a bit of spice.

Huge mismatch. It should be John Fury vs The Undertaker. It's the fight all true fight fans want to see. I can't separate them. 

I haven’t read through a lot of the thread so I might be off here but the general opinion seems to be that Fury would beat Joshua which I think is completely wrong.  I don’t particularly like Joshua.  He’s constantly doing his fake down to Earth act and it’s beyond irritating, always referring to himself as humble.  I honestly think he is one of the most underrated heavyweights ever though.

Fury was seen as a complete joke before the Klitshcko fight and I remember all my boxing expert mates saying Fury stood no chance.  Since that fight though all the same people have him down as some boxing god.  He’s fought absolutely nobody since then other than Wilder and he is a complete myth who hides from everyone.  I reckon Whyte and Chisora would put Wilder away given the opportunity.

Fury when he beat Klitshcko may have stood a chance against Joshua but I just can’t see him doing it now.  It’s amazing how he’s come back from the mess he was but Joshua is like Ivan Drago.  The lad is a machine and has been in incredible shape for years.  He’s started being a lot more careful in fights and boxing people instead of just hammering them out.  It’s mad that he gets criticised for it when other fighters get tons of praise for it.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

I haven’t read through a lot of the thread so I might be off here but the general opinion seems to be that Fury would beat Joshua which I think is completely wrong.  I don’t particularly like Joshua.  He’s constantly doing his fake down to Earth act and it’s beyond irritating, always referring to himself as humble.  I honestly think he is one of the most underrated heavyweights ever though.

Fury was seen as a complete joke before the Klitshcko fight and I remember all my boxing expert mates saying Fury stood no chance.  Since that fight though all the same people have him down as some boxing god.  He’s fought absolutely nobody since then other than Wilder and he is a complete myth who hides from everyone.  I reckon Whyte and Chisora would put Wilder away given the opportunity.

Fury when he beat Klitshcko may have stood a chance against Joshua but I just can’t see him doing it now.  It’s amazing how he’s come back from the mess he was but Joshua is like Ivan Drago.  The lad is a machine and has been in incredible shape for years.  He’s started being a lot more careful in fights and boxing people instead of just hammering them out.  It’s mad that he gets criticised for it when other fighters get tons of praise for it.

Fury would humiliate him. Completely different level.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Not a huge boxing fan. Is Joshua a better boxer than Wilder, or is he similarly a guy who just scares people with his power? If it's the latter, I don't know how anyone can say for sure he'd beat Fury.

He's a much better boxer, albeit without the same single punch knock out power (this goes for every other boxer). He hits, but it's usually sustained attacks that lead to knockouts. He's a good boxer. Just nowhere near as good as Fury.

• Upvote 1

Be interested to see what would happen even if Joshua did manage to catch Fury and hurt him. Given the vulnerability he's shown at least twice in such situations - Klitschko and Ruiz - and how strongly Fury fought back against Wilder after he'd got up in that 12th round, every chance Joshua himself gets taken out trying to finish him. Either by emptying the tank, getting careless or both. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Be interested to see what would happen even if Joshua did manage to catch Fury and hurt him. Given the vulnerability he's shown at least twice in such situations - Klitschko and Ruiz - and how strongly Fury fought back against Wilder after he'd got up in that 12th round, every chance Joshua himself gets taken out trying to finish him. Either by emptying the tank, getting careless or both. 

Pretty much how I expect it to go. 

Cagey first few rounds, Joshua catches fury, gets exited and tries to finish it, fails, round ends, he's blown his load, fury comfortably picks him apart for the rest of the fight. 

Then they market the rematch on "AJ almost had him" or "if it hadn't of been for the ref" etc. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

It's not just the money. It's who wants to be first name on the promotional poster, who ring walks last etc. It's going to happen so one of them just needs to take the credit and say "50/50, lets just fucking do it you can go first on the poster, you can ring walk first or last I'm not arsed just get in the ring you big dosser" 

They should do it Fortnite style, parachute both fighters into the ring and start from where they land.

6 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Fury would humiliate him. Completely different level.

It’s really not though is it.  They’re the two best heavyweights in world boxing.  It’s exactly the same level.  This is the hipster view that’s carried since every boxing expert had their pants pulled down when he beat Klitshcko.  I actually like Fury for the oddball that he is but people vastly overrate his boxing ability in comparison to Joshua’s.  If Joshua is worse than him then it’s not by much and he’s got basically everything else on him other than reach.  He will outpace him and overpower him.