You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2020

Captain Turdseye

Wasn't impressed with either of them , Joyce would struggle to knock the skin off a rice pudding and Dubois seemed to be really stiff and was blowing from about the third round. To be fair to Dubois he is a baby in heavyweight terms and although it goes sgainst the warrior code it may be a wise move to quit if his eye is in bad shape , we've seen what happened to Kell Brook.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Tyson never reacted well to someone standing in front of him. 

He just didn't fight any that where good enough, had he fought Holyfield when he should Evander would have broken him like he did later on. Buster Douglas broke him, you can see the fight going out of him

Tyson at least fought until he got knocked the fuck out against Buster. He didn't quit on his knee.

Just now, Baltar said:

Tyson at least fought until he got knocked the fuck out against Buster. He didn't quit on his knee.

Not denying that

He was willing to get knocked out but there was a few times in his career in his biggest fights he melted 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"I'm ready for Usyk"

Yeah mate I'm ready for 1993 Liz Hurley and 1998 Cameron Diaz to take turns sitting on my face. 

Let me know when you've started with them and I'll start boiling an egg. It should be ready by the time you've finished. 

6 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I don't agree. 

He has no top level amateur experience and it was his first time in against someone who wouldn't bend. He is going to get massacred over this for the next 6 months and won't be willing to repeat quit again. Only 23, I think he comes back.

That’s a fairer reflection on it. If he has the character to come through what you’re correctly predicting he will, that will be the determining factor. Still a long shot now though.

8 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I don't agree. 

He has no top level amateur experience and it was his first time in against someone who wouldn't bend. He is going to get massacred over this for the next 6 months and won't be willing to repeat quit again. Only 23, I think he comes back.

Agree with Kevin D 100%.

I also disagree about Joyce's ceiling. 

He has a lot of limitations, but he fought disciplined tonight out of respect to Dubois's freakish power. Against 99% of heavyweights, he will simply put it on them and keep marching forward for 12 rounds. He is a rough, rough night for anyone, even if they end up beating him. 

In the build up to this, he said he was tested and his bone density is 7x that of a normal person. 

5 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

He has a lot of limitations, but he fought disciplined tonight out of respect to Dubois's freakish power. Against 99% of heavyweights, he will simply put it on them and keep marching forward for 12 rounds. He is a rough, rough night for anyone, even if they end up beating him. 

In the build up to this, he said he was tested and his bone density is 7x that of a normal person. 

Meaning...? He can take a good walloping? 

7 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

He's 35 mate. Name a top 5 ranked hw that isn't walking through him 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Baltar said:

Meaning...? He can take a good walloping? 

Basically, yes. 

There are not a lot of Pernell Whittaker's and Floyd Mayweather's at heavyweight. Fury would beat him cleanly. Usyk probably would. But he's a gigantic human being who has an iron chin and middleweight stamina, he will outlast anyone who gets in the ring with him.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

He's 35 mate. Name a top 5 ranked hw that isn't walking through him 

Who are the top 5 heavyweights?

Fury beats him. 70/30 Usyk does too. I would like to see how Joshua looks against Pulev, because the book is now out on him that if you can stand up to his firepower he has a real problem. He would beat Wilder and Povetkin, in my opinion.