You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2020

Captain Turdseye

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

1st fight was good

But the 3rd fight is immense

I watched the third fight again lately.  Fucking hell what a scrap. I don't know how Ali pulled it out to stop him after the beating he took in those middle rounds. 2 incredible tough men.

10 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I watched the third fight again lately.  Fucking hell what a scrap. I don't know how Ali pulled it out to stop him after the beating he took in those middle rounds. 2 incredible tough men.

There's a really good book on it. Ghosts of Manila 

The temperature was insane 107 degrees apparently. Ali was on the verge of stopping himself when Eddie oullie Frazier. 

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Frasier caught Ali with a dig that would have sent any of the top 10 boxers in any weight in the last 20 years into space 

Ali toughness and chin is really underrated. He was as tough as any fighter in history

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Ali toughness and chin is really underrated. He was as tough as any fighter in history

For all his brilliant ducking and weaving he didn't half take a lot of shots. Ali and Frasier would walk through the heavyweight division nowadays. In-fact its never been as good. 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

There's a really good book on it. Ghosts of Manila 

The temperature was insane 107 degrees apparently. Ali was on the verge of stopping himself when Eddie oullie Frazier. 

You see the state of their gloves during the fight? Waterlogged 8 oz gloves as Dundee described them later. They were hanging off their hands near the end. Incredible.

What do people make of both fighters coming in big?

Is Fury trying to fight Wilder up close, use his weight in clinches? Wilder needs space to throw the right hand so do Fury and his team think the best way to go is to fight at close quarters. It worked for Ward vs Kovalev.

Wilder might feel the extra weight more than Fury if the fight goes late. 

I'm surprised Fury has come in so heavy. He looks like he has lost a few stone. If it slows Wilder down then great but fuck me he looked awesome at the weigh-in. 

Whats everyone doing? Sleeping then setting an alarm or powering through? I've got some classic fights to watch on youtube because the undercard is gash. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm surprised Fury has come in so heavy. He looks like he has lost a few stone. If it slows Wilder down then great but fuck me he looked awesome at the weigh-in. 

Whats everyone doing? Sleeping then setting an alarm or powering through? I've got some classic fights to watch on youtube because the undercard is gash. 

I'm running a 5k race tomorrow morning at 11am so I need some sleep. Going to set the alarm and watch it, then hopefully get back to bed for an hour.

I'm pissed off I signed up for this as I'd rather be on the piss.

If it goes late it could be fun as the extra weight will surely fatigue both. It's hard to know with Fury if the extra weight is all intentional or if he has issues with himself or in camp.

If Fury was a similar weight to the first fight and was going to improve on the first game plan, I'd be betting a lot of money on him. 

3 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

I'm running a 5k race tomorrow morning at 11am so I need some sleep. Going to set the alarm and watch it, then hopefully get back to bed for an hour.

I'm pissed off I signed up for this as I'd rather be on the piss.

Soft arse. Good luck tomorrow though. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Byrnie said:

If it goes late it could be fun as the extra weight will surely fatigue both. It's hard to know with Fury if the extra weight is all intentional or if he has issues with himself or in camp.

If Fury was a similar weight to the first fight and was going to improve on the first game plan, I'd be betting a lot of money on him. 

Don't you think he looks leaner? He looked huge in the first one. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Don't you think he looks leaner? He looked huge in the first one. 

His shoulders and arms look great. He looks good in the face too. He looks to have a lot of flesh around his gut under that vest, though.

He was far too light in his last fight. I think he might be 6/7 lbs too heavy for this.

It looks to point towards Fury getting in close, leaning on him, and probably letting a few more shots go earlier than the last fight.

I think it's a good tactic. Remove the range Wilder needs for his bingo punches and ask big questions of his stamina as well. 

Half tempted to stick a few quid on a late Fury stoppage.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

It looks to point towards Fury getting in close, leaning on him, and probably letting a few more shots go earlier than the last fight.

I think it's a good tactic. Remove the range Wilder needs for his bingo punches and ask big questions of his stamina as well. 

Half tempted to stick a few quid on a late Fury stoppage.

The safest place to be against Wilder is in the pocket. The same as Ward vs Kovalev. It's a risky tactic but a good one. I think we'll see more body shots from both in this one.

Can't wait for it now.

If I was betting I'd go Wilder KO inside 8. I'd love Fury to win it I really would but I'm feeling exactly the same as last time. Just gonna sit waiting for that BANG. Goodnight vienna. I don't think Fury has been true to himself since the last Wilder fight. When he came back from the pub and his bird said he slept outside in his vardo he was blatantly on the bugle. 

I think Wilder has put the weight on to stop Fury clinching and holding his way to a win. I mean it's not like he's really heavy, he's the same weight most UFC light heavyweights are on fight night and he's 6'7. He looks good. Just a way of coping by a man who outweighdd him by over 50lbs last time out. 

Wilder had more adjustments to make than Fury from the last bout. Fury constantly dipped under Wilder's right hand and Wilder could not do anything about it. If he could make Fury think twice about that, that would help. He doesn't feint enough for a man with such huge power.