You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2020

Captain Turdseye

https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-warns-de-la-hoya-he-risk-his-life-if-they-fight--154079

IBF/IBO middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin has warned Oscar De La Hoya to pursue another comeback opponent.

In a recent interview with BoxingScene.com, the 47-year-old former six division champion De Le Hoya explained that he would be very willing to snap a 12-year retirement to face Golovkin.

And, De La Hoya believes Golovkin, 38-years-old, would be an easy opponent.

"You know how easy GGG would be for me? Oh, my gosh," De La Hoya told BoxingScene. "I always took a good shot and I always took apart fighters like him. In my mind it would be that easy."

The CEO of Golden Boy Promotions has been out of the ring since 2008, when he suffered a one-sided stoppage loss at the hands of Manny Pacquiao.

During the pre-fight build to Golovkin's two battles with Canelo Alvarez in 2017 and 2018 - there were many heated exchanges between GGG and De La Hoya, who at the time promoted Canelo.

De La Hoya's recent comments seemed to further irritate Golovkin.

He believes the fight would be a complete disaster for De La Hoya - and the retired boxer's health.

"You know Oscar, you know how dirty his mouth is," Golovkin told AFP through a translator.

"Everything involving Gennady Golovkin for him is a nightmare. He can say whatever. But let me put it this way - If I got an opportunity to legally kill a person in the ring, I might seize it."

Golovkin is back in the ring on Friday night in Florida, when he makes a mandatory defense against undefeated Kamil Szeremeta of Poland.

The contest would be the first for Golovkin since last year's tough decision win over Sergiy Derevyanchenko.

"It was a long pause," Golovkin said. "There was enough time to miss boxing and forget certain things. The training was good. I went through my standard training and it went well and I'm ready."

7 hours ago, Welsh said:

Funny enough I saw DAZN sponsored on the internet the other day for £1.99 and signed up as it's a cracking deal.

Welsh, does it give you an idea of the schedules ? , so that you can watch the likes of the Smith fight on a repeat at a more reasonable time on sunday morning / lunchtime as my getting up at 5am days are over and I assume it is a streaming service - not recordable.

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Welsh, does it give you an idea of the schedules ? , so that you can watch the likes of the Smith fight on a repeat at a more reasonable time on sunday morning / lunchtime as my getting up at 5am days are over and I assume it is a streaming service - not recordable.

I think it just goes on demand, so you can watch it whenever you want.

• Upvote 1

I will have a look later, watched the last six rounds of the Galal Yafai EBU bout last night - decent scrap - and see if it is available

To be honest the £1.99 will have been paid in spades for months in effect just by the Yafai, GGG and Canelo fights this weekend and Garcia / Campbell after New Year.

On 17/12/2020 at 21:51, sir roger said:

Sorry mate, just logged onto this site since my post.

I've only had it a couple of days on the site so not had a chance to test it out but like you I was hoping I could sleep and wake up to watch it like I do with UFC haha.

I've looked this morning and the GGG fight is on now to watch so looks promising.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Sorry mate, just logged onto this site since my post.

I've only had it a couple of days on the site so not had a chance to test it out but like you I was hoping I could sleep and wake up to watch it like I do with UFC haha.

I've looked this morning and the GGG fight is on now to watch so looks promising.

On demand?