You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2020

Captain Turdseye

20 minutes ago, A Red said:

I think Fury is the exact opposite of what Joshua wants an opponent to be. Fury is bigger than him with at least the same reach and will move side to side, throwing punches from different angles and clinch when he needs to. 

Joshua likes someone who walks in straight lines and is predictable, I only give him a punchers chance against Fury.

Yep I'd agree with all that.  

20 minutes ago, A Red said:

I think Fury is the exact opposite of what Joshua wants an opponent to be. Fury is bigger than him with at least the same reach and will move side to side, throwing punches from different angles and clinch when he needs to. 

Joshua likes someone who walks in straight lines and is predictable, I only give him a punchers chance against Fury.

Spot on this. Thats why Hearn has kept them apart. Fury is all wrong for him. I don't think Joshua was that impressive last night. Pulev for all his spirit didn't have that good a defence. He caught Joshua early in the 5th (I think) and it seemed to break Joshuas sprint for a few rounds. I actually think Pulev with 4 years off him would have gone on to win that last night. His age just showed in the end. Joshua did show some class and the finish was top drawer but he should have had him out of there in the 4th when Pulev was still like bambi. 

Fury will just wear him down big time. He'll take digs of course, probably get flattened at some point but he will frustrate Joshua to fuck. 

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Agree with this too. 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Spot on this. Thats why Hearn has kept them apart. Fury is all wrong for him. I don't think Joshua was that impressive last night. Pulev for all his spirit didn't have that good a defence. He caught Joshua early in the 5th (I think) and it seemed to break Joshuas sprint for a few rounds. I actually think Pulev with 4 years off him would have gone on to win that last night. His age just showed in the end. Joshua did show some class and the finish was top drawer but he should have had him out of there in the 4th when Pulev was still like bambi. 

Fury will just wear him down big time. He'll take digs of course, probably get flattened at some point but he will frustrate Joshua to fuck. 

Gotta disagree with this. All the noises were about Fury signing for Matchroom and this fight would have been made but he turned Turk and signed for ESPN to put further distance between them. 

Wilder & Fury have been the ones avoiding Joshua

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

I think this is true, but to be fair I am sure Joshua was looking for something along the lines of a 75-25 split which was never going to happen.

If true the 25% would still be more than Fury would have ever earned at that point.

Mate of mine went to the Fury v Wallin fight and he said it was deserted in there. Everyone was moved to the front and they had black tarpaulins covering all the empty seats.

Rumours that his promoters couldn’t raise the money to get him back out this month too against another no mark. 

3 hours ago, Red74 said:

Gotta disagree with this. All the noises were about Fury signing for Matchroom and this fight would have been made but he turned Turk and signed for ESPN to put further distance between them. 

Wilder & Fury have been the ones avoiding Joshua

If you think Hearn has been willing to put Joshua in with either then you are a maniac. He has to now because the cash cow is ebbing. 

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

If you think Hearn has been willing to put Joshua in with either then you are a maniac. He has to now because the cash cow is ebbing. 

Wilder slipped up last week by admitting that he turned down more money to fight Joshua to get Fury back in the ring for the rematch.

Wilder and Fury’s resumes are embarrassing compared to

Joshua’s, yet you all make out as if they've beat prime Tyson, Lewis & Holyfield. 

There’s a mental block on an Evertonian scale when it comes to Fiury’s fans.

4 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Wilder slipped up last week by admitting that he turned down more money to fight Joshua to get Fury back in the ring for the rematch.

Wilder and Fury’s resumes are embarrassing compared to

Joshua’s, yet you all make out as if they've beat prime Tyson, Lewis & Holyfield. 

There’s a mental block on an Evertonian scale when it comes to Fiury’s fans.

Yeah both Wilder and Fury got flattened by a chunky Mexican bouncer. 

• Upvote 1

As if a peer  - and a far more talented one at that - in the division is accepting 75/25 or whatever terms Joshua and Hearn deem fit to offer them. The pair of them were open about thinking they could screw the maximum percentage they can out of every opponent due to the crowds Joshua was drawing, and obviously the financial split is another source of competition, one-upmanship and machismo between men like that. They got their numbers called for being smug greedy cunts when Fury and Wilder shut them out by just fighting each other for a year instead. Be willing to bet handily they’re not insisting on taking the piss to the same degree anymore over terms, as they’ve belatedly realised he can’t have defining fights on his own and the other side aren’t just going to bend for them.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

As if a peer  - and a far more talented one at that - in the division is accepting 75/25 or whatever terms Joshua and Hearn deem fit to offer them. The pair of them were open about thinking they could screw the maximum percentage they can out of every opponent due to the crowds Joshua was drawing, and obviously the financial split is another source of competition, one-upmanship and machismo between men like that. They got their numbers called for being smug greedy cunts when Fury and Wilder shut them out by just fighting each other for a year instead. Be willing to bet handily they’re not insisting on taking the piss to the same degree anymore over terms, as they’ve belatedly realised he can’t have defining fights on his own and the other side aren’t just going to bend over for them.

Is that the peer who didn’t hold a belt, had 1 win against a top opponent who he ran from a re match and was on a 2 year ban for PED’s.

Hughie Furys fought tougher opponents than Tyson 

Oh god, is there anything more tedious than promoter politics in boxing and arguing about money? Maybe the 30 belts per division? Nah, promoter bullshit is easily the worst. 

I really struggle to see why anyone gives a shit about who makes £5m more in a fight, just shut the fuck up and punch each other in the nose you cunts

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Oh god, is there anything more tedious than promoter politics in boxing and arguing about money? Maybe the 30 belts per division? Nah, promoter bullshit is easily the worst. 

I really struggle to see why anyone gives a shit about who makes £5m more in a fight, just shut the fuck up and punch each other in the nose you cunts

It's not just the money. It's who wants to be first name on the promotional poster, who ring walks last etc. It's going to happen so one of them just needs to take the credit and say "50/50, lets just fucking do it you can go first on the poster, you can ring walk first or last I'm not arsed just get in the ring you big dosser" 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

It's not just the money. It's who wants to be first name on the promotional poster, who ring walks last etc. It's going to happen so one of them just needs to take the credit and say "50/50, lets just fucking do it you can go first on the poster, you can ring walk first or last I'm not arsed just get in the ring you big dosser" 

Yep, still don't give a shit about that nonsense. Punch him in the glands you cunt

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I think the problem will be trying to justify the fight being held in Saudi rather than here. 

John Fury was spot on when he said that both of them should take a pay cut and have the fight here. 
However, if I was getting £50 mill to have my head pounded in compared to £15m I’d be getting my robes ready for Mecca.