You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2020

Captain Turdseye

The build up to Fury Joshua will be superb. Froch hit the nail on the had though, it has to be done in-front of fans. not 2000. 

I still piss myself at "Do you speak to Tyson?" "Yeah he rings me up every few weeks to tell me he's gonna knock me out" Fury is box office and alongside it, a fucking superb heavyweight fighter. 

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The build up to Fury Joshua will be superb. Froch hit the nail on the had though, it has to be done in-front of fans. not 2000. 

I still piss myself at "Do you speak to Tyson?" "Yeah he rings me up every few weeks to tell me he's gonna knock me out" Fury is box office and alongside it, a fucking superb heavyweight fighter. 

Sadly it sounds most likely to be in Saudi, which may well have an atmosphere little different to tonight’s fight even if the arena is full.

18 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Can't stand Joshua and last night showed every reason why.

Complete cunt and an average as fuck boxer.

Sometimes I wonder if I’m living in a parallel dimension. How did anything that happened last night show him as a cunt and an average boxer? 

• Upvote 1

Don't think we learnt too much last night , Joshua is a little bit gun shy and uncertain regarding his stamina but he has concussive power in either hand and can knock anybody out.

With regards to the Fury match up I tend towards Fury winning a points decision by fiddling around and keeping out of Joshua's way in a disappointing fight.

54 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Can't stand Joshua and last night showed every reason why.

Complete cunt and an average as fuck boxer.

Was he a convicted of drug dealing or something in his younger day? 

I've no real issue with him. I find him boring and too media savvy if I'm honest. Also has no engine what so ever and I genuinely believe he'd been matched meter than any other fighter in recent memory. 

But my god he can punch, that's for sure

I may be wrong, however, i reckon if you lined up Fury's past misdemeanours and then lined up Joshua's, Fury would come out looking significantly worse. 

Don't know about this forum, however, seems to have been a change of view on Joshua after he was involved with the BLM stuff

1 hour ago, John102 said:

I may be wrong, however, i reckon if you lined up Fury's past misdemeanours and then lined up Joshua's, Fury would come out looking significantly worse. 

Don't know about this forum, however, seems to have been a change of view on Joshua after he was involved with the BLM stuff

I'm not sure I agree with that, a lot of people have disliked Joshua and perhaps moreso his cosying up to Hearn for a number of years. 

I personally like him but am unsure who I will want to win in any fight with Fury. 

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

I have never been able to take to Joshua, he's just so fake and manufactured. I don't hate him or anything, I'm sure he's a sound bloke but I don't root for him either.

This is where I am , I dont mind him but not crazy on him. I like him better than the horrific human being that is Fury though.

Joshua’s fought top 10’s & mandatories who all had something about them.

Fury goes life and death with Uber drivers ranked 90th and below and Wilder fights similar ranked no marks yet Joshua’s had the easier run of fights.

Both have them done everything they could to avoid getting in with Joshua, Christ, Tyson Fury wouldn’t go into the same city as David Price let alone in the ring when they were both up and coming. 

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Don't think we learnt too much last night , Joshua is a little bit gun shy and uncertain regarding his stamina but he has concussive power in either hand and can knock anybody out.

With regards to the Fury match up I tend towards Fury winning a points decision by fiddling around and keeping out of Joshua's way in a disappointing fight.

I think you’re right. Fury blasting Wilder out & AJ’s loss to Ruiz will see to it that any Fury vs AJ fight will be a cagey affair. Before both of those things happened it wasn’t difficult to imagine AJ walking him down. 

Going off social media, a lot of true English patriots have disowned Joshua after he apparently said something about boycotting white businesses. 

Be interesting to see how Fury’s experience against Wilder the first time changes his outlook in this one. He might be more fearful of leaving it to the judges, especially against such a cash cow on a joint Matchroom production. Could be roles reversed to some degree.

2 hours ago, John102 said:

Joshua is a gobshite and always has been. 

22 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Be interesting to see how Fury’s experience against Wilder the first time changes his outlook in this one. He might be more fearful of leaving it to the judges, especially against such a cash cow on a joint Matchroom production. Could be roles reversed to some degree.

Yes, I think could he rely on the judges he'd favour dancing rings round him for 12 rounds rather than putting it on him. Joshua is a good two stone heavier than Wilder, and has considerably better punches on the inside as well. 

Be interesting to see what game plan he would decide on. I do think he wins quite comfortably whatever he chooses though. Joshua can clearly hit, but he doesn't possess the single one punch power of Wilder. 

I think Fury is the exact opposite of what Joshua wants an opponent to be. Fury is bigger than him with at least the same reach and will move side to side, throwing punches from different angles and clinch when he needs to. 

Joshua likes someone who walks in straight lines and is predictable, I only give him a punchers chance against Fury.

• Upvote 1