You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2020

Captain Turdseye

I got halfway through telling Mike Tyson to fuck off once. True story. He was banging his luggage trolley into the back of my legs in a queue in Schiphol. Turned around while telling him to get to fuck and it was Mike Tyson with his newly tattooed face. Only him, some skanky bird and some bloke who I think was the manager. He's way shorter than you'd think but his feet and hands are fucking enormous. Very soft spoken as well. 

• Upvote 1

Surprisingly Tyson seemed to be fitter than Jones - Jones looked a lot more tired and to be feeling it than Tyson.

Not a lot of action as spent most of it in clinches and maybe with Tyson being the heavier man those clinches (which Jones instigated mostly) tired Jones more.

It wasn't as bad as thought it would be - it wasn't great like, but nice to see it end safely and in good spirit.

Not that it means a thing but i made Tyson a clear winner 79-73

10 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Who are the top 5 heavyweights?

Fury beats him. 70/30 Usyk does too. I would like to see how Joshua looks against Pulev, because the book is now out on him that if you can stand up to his firepower he has a real problem. He would beat Wilder and Povetkin, in my opinion.

Yep. He walks through Povetkin and will have Whyte breathing out his arse by round 8. He wouldn't show the respect for Whyte's power that he did to Dubois.

Luis Ortiz would be a win if there was drug testing. Wilder would be a real hard one to call, I'd favour Wilder 70/30. But I'm not sure Wilder will ever be the same guy again.

If he hung in there to get past the first 4/5 rounds he'd really put it on AJ. He would not have a chance vs Fury. Fury is all wrong for him. He'd struggle vs Usyk again too.

He looks awkward and is limited, but he can fight, he's got heart, a chin and a great engine.

3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Come on, mate.

You knew what you were in for.

Tyson is 50 years old, you cannae see your arse over this being a farce.

Think he was talking about the Youtuber fight? Tyson looked good for a 54 year old that hasn't boxed in years.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

Yep. He walks through Povetkin and will have Whyte breathing out his arse by round 8. He wouldn't show the respect for Whyte's power that he did to Dubois.

Luis Ortiz would be a win if there was drug testing. Wilder would be a real hard one to call, I'd favour Wilder 70/30. But I'm not sure Wilder will ever be the same guy again.

If he hung in there to get past the first 4/5 rounds he'd really put it on AJ. He would not have a chance vs Fury. Fury is all wrong for him. He'd struggle vs Usyk again too.

He looks awkward and is limited, but he can fight, he's got heart, a chin and a great engine.

I think Wilder is now finished as a top level heavyweight.

Between the Breazeale/Ortiz/Fury fights he has now lost about 90% of rounds he's boxed in the last 3 years. Moreover, he has had a mental breakdown since Fury took him in February.

Anybody can lose a fight but when you start talking treacherous trainers, refs, spiked water bottles, that means you're not in the gym trying to correct mistakes. How can you change the things you did wrong when you don't think you did anything wrong?

Wilder v Joyce would be great. Joyce has a great chin and could comfortably out jab Wilder but he's still very hittable, Wilder is still easily the biggest single puncher in the division and I think he'd land at some point. Joyce could however slowly break him down like he did with Dubois last night.