You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2020

Captain Turdseye

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He really is a creature 

Going to call it now, I reckon he’s done. Warren had a long-standing relationship with him and might have steered him back from this latest shit-show, because he half gives a fuck about him as a lad.

Hearn has simply hilariously spent a chunk of his own money and time purely to poach a Terry Fuckwit level-IQ, misogynistic, malevolent cunt who he won’t be able to put in a fight at all for 6-12 months minimum, who won’t stay fit both during that time and afterwards unless he secures one of the marquee names to box, and who such elite names may now finally have tired of forever if they’ve realised he’s not worth the risk, given he can’t control his mouth or his behaviour.

If that is the case, aside from any minor curiosity of always wondering what his personal performance ceiling may have been in a fight against GGG or Canelo, good riddance to him. Fucking heinous individual.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Going to call it now, I reckon he’s done. Warren had a long-standing relationship with him and might have steered him back from this latest shit-show, because he half gives a fuck about him as a lad.

Hearn has simply hilariously spent a chunk of his own money and time purely to poach a Terry Fuckwit level-IQ, misogynistic, malevolent cunt who he won’t be able to put in a fight at all for 6-12 months minimum, who won’t stay fit both during that time and afterwards unless he secures one of the marquee names to box, and who such elite names may now finally have tired of forever if they’ve realised he’s not worth the risk, given he can’t control his mouth or his behaviour.

If that is the case, aside from any minor curiosity of always wondering what his personal performance ceiling may have been in a fight against GGG or Canelo, good riddance to him. Fucking heinous individual.

Yeah you kind of want to see him get a proper hiding but the cunt doesn't deserve the payday. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah you kind of want to see him get a proper hiding but the cunt doesn't deserve the payday. 

Not saying he would have won, but I have always thought he would have surprised a lot of people in such a fight and given whoever a serious run for their money, at least. He’s a very tricky, talented fighter at his best. Anyway though, moot point and what isn’t in any question is what sort of person he’s relentlessly shown himself to be. Woeful.

4 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Not saying he would have won, but I have always thought he would have surprised a lot of people in such a fight and given whoever a serious run for their money, at least. He’s a very tricky, talented fighter at his best. Anyway though, moot point and what isn’t in any question is what sort of person he’s relentlessly shown himself to be. Woeful.

He has the ability mate but not the character. Canelo eats him alive. 

On 02/07/2020 at 17:24, Dr Nowt said:

I thought it was common knowledge he’s about to get a hefty ban for his latest video cuntery during lockdown/won’t get sanctioned to fight til he’s been through that process? Talk is of a 12 month ban, so he’s probably not bothered to train because he knows full well he’ll not be allowed to take the fight. It’s not as if he’s ever bothered to stay fully fit unless he’s really had to. Last I read he had to submit something so they could hear the charge and his team hasn’t bothered. Might have just given up at this point.

Doubt they can ban him. He hasn't fought in the UK for over a year and there's a good chance his license had run out. They could refuse him a license but he won't be applying in the UK for that. 

He just been a lazy cunt and partying and won't pass the drugs test. 

39 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Doubt they can ban him. He hasn't fought in the UK for over a year and there's a good chance his license had run out. They could refuse him a license but he won't be applying in the UK for that. 

He just been a lazy cunt and partying and won't pass the drugs test. 

The BBBoC suspended his licence back in March mate, the second he released that video. Guess we’ll find out on the rest of it.

Just now, Dr Nowt said:

The BBBoC suspended his licence back in March mate, the second he released that video. Guess we’ll find out on the rest of it.

OK, not been paying attention. 

He's a fucking prick anyway 

20 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Might I possibly suggest we have a touch of Parliamentary procedure?

Just this once.

And I’d say this, a Shakespearean quote for you young man to learn; ‘How much sharper than a serpent’s tooth, it is to have a thankless child’. And that’s from all the professional boxers in this country.

14 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

And I’d say this, a Shakespearean quote for you young man to learn; ‘How much sharper than a serpent’s tooth, it is to have a thankless child’. And that’s from all the professional boxers in this country.

Can you imagine Eubank and Benn on Twitter?

"Disgraceful scenes: WBO champ Benn slanders #1 contender as "Tory in blackface", Eubank bites back with succession claim."

"Where does Chris Eubank fit in the royal line of succession? CLICK HERE, answer may SHOCK you!"

Just now, Kevin D said:

Can you imagine Eubank and Benn on Twitter?

"Disgraceful scenes: WBO champ Benn slanders #1 contender as "Tory in blackface", Eubank bites back with succession claim."

"Where does Chris Eubank fit in the royal line of succession? CLICK HERE, answer may SHOCK you!"

Have you ever seen the Sky programme where they trained as Roman Gladiators and took each other on in various trials of endurance? Even that’s magnetic. I’d watch those two play ludo against each other. 

• Upvote 1

Benn’s post-fight interview against Eubank is probably one of the chief reasons I’ve always held the guy in the highest of esteem, win lose or draw. Now that is someone being a man about it, at the very highest levels.

As a side note, when you watch any of those old classics, what a fucking unironically tremendous boxing commentator Reg Gutteridge was. Never been replaced.

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

Have you ever seen the Sky programme where they trained as Roman Gladiators and took each other on in various trials of endurance? Even that’s magnetic. I’d watch those two play ludo against each other. 

Just when I thought I was out...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Benn’s post-fight interview against Eubank is probably one of the chief reasons I’ve always held the guy in the highest of esteem, win lose or draw. Now that is someone being a man about it, at the very highest levels.

As a side note, when you watch any of those old classics, what a fucking unironically tremendous boxing commentator Reg Gutteridge was. Never been replaced.

Great post that, both very respectful which threw me a bit.

Not sure who the other guy was but sounds like The Hodge doing a bit of work on the side.

• Upvote 1

Eubsnk before the Watson fight was a absolute beast. Still say he has the best chin I've seen in British boxing. Would have loved to see him vs Froch at their respective peaks. Both had unbelievable chins. Eubank just looked like someone had carved him out of marble. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Eubsnk before the Watson fight was a absolute beast. Still say he has the best chin I've seen in British boxing. Would have loved to see him vs Froch at their respective peaks. Both had unbelievable chins. Eubank just looked like someone had carved him out of marble. 

Superb boxer. Could and should have done more with his career. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Superb boxer. Could and should have done more with his career. 

His top end career ended the night of the second Watson fight. He lost all his aggression to go into the trenches. After that he did enough to win and Coast. 

11 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Who’s the absolute fucking shitehawk interviewing them? First question “well Nigel your dreams have gone up in smoke there” as well as all the patronising of Eubank in his interview, sniggering at him and that. Cunt.

Edit - apologies, got sidetracked with my rant! You’re right mate, ridiculously classy response from him. And Eubank to be fair.