You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2020

Captain Turdseye

He genuinely thought he was invincible and that no one could go toe to toe with him, he got battered to a pulp and he can't accept it, so is desperately trying the cling onto to his 'baddest man on the planet' mantra.

Deontay, you got fucking twatted mate. Accept it.

Just read Hearn saying Fury and Wilder need to hurry up and get on with their next rematch.

The greedy, smarmy cunt really does just need to stop running his mouth, you can easily see someone like Fury bristling at being told what to do and digging his heels in. So often the way it works, the claims and counter claims start and you end up not seeing fights when they’re fresh.

He and Joshua had the chance to make the Fury or Wilder fights but they were smug and greedy. Kept dribbling on about the percentage and tv numbers and Joshua having the right to dominate on the business side. 

If they’re now on the outside looking in for the time being, they have nobody else to blame for not striking when the iron was hot.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Just read Hearn saying Fury and Wilder need to hurry up and get on with their next rematch.

The greedy, smarmy cunt really does just need to stop running his mouth, you can easily see someone like Fury bristling at being told what to do and digging his heels in. So often the way it works, the claims and counter claims start and you end up not seeing fights when they’re fresh.

He and Joshua had the chance to make the Fury or Wilder fights but they were smug and greedy. Kept dribbling on about the percentage and tv numbers and Joshua having the right to dominate on the business side. 

If they’re now on the outside looking in for the time being, they have nobody else to blame for not striking when the iron was hot.

He's just using Fury's momentum to maintain Joshua's profile at the moment. Fury will tell the slimey cunt to get fucked.

• Upvote 1

Are there, or have there ever been any likeable promoters? Possibly De La Hoya Golden boy, though I doubt it. I can't really say as I avoid promoter talk at all costs, every bit as unlikeable as agents in f**tball, probably worse. Smarmy, self serving, greasy, maximising the numbers, mismatching, avoiding dangerous rivals, risk averse cunts to a man (or woman in Kellie Maloney's case). I hope the next negotiation they oversee is with a ravenous polar bear on heat plus a monkey with a flick knife overseeing things.

But it’s not just the outfit! Wilder has also suggested that Breland, who threw in the towel, was somehow in cahoots with Fury’s team because of his connection to Detroit’s famed Kronk Gym. Decades ago, Breland was trained by famed Kronk leader Emanuel Steward, and Fury hired Steward’s nephew, Javan “SugarHill” Steward, to train him for the Wilder rematch. Wilder told BoxingScene that he believed Breland’s decision to end the fight may have been influenced by crowd outcries from former super middleweight and Flint, Mich., native and former SugarHill pupil Anthony Dirrell, who was seated nearby. 

Wilder also blamed referee Bayless, who appeared to be bending over backward to buy time for Wilder to recover during Saturday’s fight, for not doing more to protect him from Fury.

Safe to say there won’t be a towel getting thrown in again. Wilder could end up getting seriously hurt. 

Listened to a Joe Rogan podcast with Wilder last week. Came across as a very likeable fella. Ensuring the best treatment for his daughter's spina bifida was the main motivator in him taking up boxing at the age of 21 and he made the 2008 Olympics about a year after first getting in the ring, which in itself is pretty astonishing. The fact that he was such a latecomer to the game probably explains his limitations as a fighter, that concussive right fist aside.

Seemed completely spooked by Fury's resurrection in that first fight's twelfth, though.

Would be far easier for him to not take up the option of the third. Fair fucks to him if he does, though it's hard to see any kind of a different outcome based on the weekend's evidence.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Safe to say there won’t be a towel getting thrown in again. Wilder could end up getting seriously hurt. 

By going out on his shield he's saying he's prepared to die in there but he's totally oblivious that it'll most likely end up him being in a wheelchair and being fed for the rest of his life.

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Are there, or have there ever been any likeable promoters? Possibly De La Hoya Golden boy, though I doubt it. I can't really say as I avoid promoter talk at all costs, every bit as unlikeable as agents in f**tball, probably worse. Smarmy, self serving, greasy, maximising the numbers, mismatching, avoiding dangerous rivals, risk averse cunts to a man (or woman in Kellie Maloney's case). I hope the next negotiation they oversee is with a ravenous polar bear on heat plus a monkey with a flick knife overseeing things.

I loved De La Hoya the fighter but he runs one of the biggest rackets in Sport now. 

14 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Would be far easier for him to not take up the option of the third. Fair fucks to him if he does, though it's hard to see any kind of a different outcome based on the weekend's evidence.

Have you never watched Rocky 2?

• Upvote 1