You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2020

Captain Turdseye

15 minutes ago, Welsh said:

I don't see where he licked his blood? The commentator was going mad about it but Fury always sticks his tongue out during fights? I didn't see where his tongue touched Wilder.

Don't think it did. He was just playing to the crowd and the yank commentary team went full King and JR over it. Ridiculous really.

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

They do

But these arnt stupid things someone spurts out. He believes this shit. 

Doesn't detract from him as a fighter, just shows behind all the stuff he's a bit of a cunt 

I agree. No matter how good a fighter he is it doesn’t change the fact he’s a cunt of a human being.

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Anyone else think the ref was trying to help Wilder out? After the first knockdown and one of his slips, it seemed to take an age before Fury was allowed back at him. Also what was the point off for and had he been sufficiently warned?

I agree.  That ref is fucking shit.

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Wilder is in the wilderness of he doesn't take the rematch he has a claus for. Nobody will fight him as there's nothing to gain and everything to lose 

For £500k or above  I’ll happily let him knock me out in the first ten seconds.

4 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Anyone else think the ref was trying to help Wilder out? After the first knockdown and one of his slips, it seemed to take an age before Fury was allowed back at him. Also what was the point off for and had he been sufficiently warned?

He definite drew it out trying to give him time to recover, but once he got that ear injury the ref or his corner should have stopped it or at least got a doctor to look at it.

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Definitely. He kept looking at Wilder after giving Fury that point deduction and took far too long about it. He was also giving Wilder too much time during breaks as well. In any rematch you'd expect that Fury will have to stop him again, unless Fury as champion can insist the fight takes place outside of the States, but I'm guessing money will talk. 

I thought Wilder should have been taken out of there maybe a round sooner by his corner. He was effectively gone from about three rounds earlier, and unable to throw anything back. Little point in the macho stuff if you’re never going to be the same fighter again as a result. 

Just now, Anubis said:

I agree. No matter how good a fighter he is it doesn’t change the fact he’s a cunt of a human being.

I think he has acknowledged he has displayed bigoted views in the past, whether he still holds them I don't know.

I think he is a flawed man in so many ways, but at least he has been honest about his weaknesses and his courageousness in adversity is hard not to warm to. The heavyweight champion of the world representing depression and Gypsy minorities has to have some positive impact. No defence for the above listed opinions though. Boxers are generally hugely egotistical, deluded bellends - it's almost demanded of them - look at the way Mike Tyson's out of ring sickening behaviour was brushed over and lauded at times.

I don't know how to feel about him really, I wanted him to win but not anywhere near to the extent of the likes of Lewis, Calzaghe and Froch in the past. I have to admit my stance into supporting boxers based on their conduct is widely inconsistent; for example I wanted Mayweather the woman beater to beat Pacquiao who is pretty likeable but absolutely hated that fucking scumbag rapist piece of shit Mike Tyson for as long as I can remember.

4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Tyson Fury is every inch the man he claims to be.

May not be one of the vintage Heavyweight eras, but the guy is a bona fide legend now when you consider his career and achievements in full.

Minor compared with dethroning Klitschko in his back yard to end that incredibly dull era and coming back from personal and professional oblivion to first dominate Wilder and now destroy him. But to just shrug off being robbed of an even greater achievement last time out, change everything and perform even better in the rematch shows what he’s all about.

48 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I thought Wilder should have been taken out of there maybe a round sooner by his corner. He was effectively gone from about three rounds earlier, and unable to throw anything back. Little point in the macho stuff if you’re never going to be the same fighter again as a result. 

It's tough because his brain seemed fine. Didn't seem dazed or incoherent even seconds after the stoppage but it was clear that he was getting tagged and was unable to respond pretty early on. It kind of looked like he was just getting schooled, not that he was incapacitated. 

In hindsight Wilder was probably gone from a round or two earlier, but I can understand his corner keeping him in there, as he still had the ultimate get out of jail card in that right hand. Given Fury's weight, it's not mad to think he might've started tiring, which would've potentially changed the fight in the latter rounds.

Lewis nailed it in commentary though, as soon as Wilder's left was dropping low it was the danger sign, and his corner weren't really helping him addresses everything that came after.

Fair fucks to Fury, he's shown he can adapt and evolve as a fighter and a man. It'll be interesting to see if Wilder can for the inevitable rematch.

Fury's the epitome of a fighting man, he's proven that he can deal with bad situations in fights and he instinctively adapts. When he gets knocked down he gets back up and doesn't look to his corner for help, in the same vein when he had that massive cut in the Otto Wallin fight he just got on with it, he doesn't panic and has utter faith in his own ability. 

3 hours ago, Byrnie said:

He beat the shit out of him, licked his blood & took his soul. Wilder will never be the same again.

Fury constantly talks the talk about being a fighting man.

As he did in Dusseldorf, he walked that walk. 

To be the man, you've gotta beat the man and Tyson Fury is the man.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Fury's the epitome of a fighting man, he's proven that he can deal with bad situations in fights and he instinctively adapts. When he gets knocked down he gets back up and doesn't look to his corner for help, in the same vein when he had that massive cut in the Otto Wallin fight he just got on with it, he doesn't panic and has utter faith in his own ability. 

He under stands boxing so inherently it seems like he doesn't need a trainer.

He was born to be a prizefighter.

29 minutes ago, Elite said:

He's obviously on top of the world at the moment, it doesn't get much better but it's when the low kicks that I'd worry about him.

I think his wrestling career will help him a lot, on that front.

He is born to be in the spotlight and getting to talk in front of crowds and performing every week is kind of ideal for him.

11 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I think his wrestling career will help him a lot, on that front.

He is born to be in the spotlight and getting to talk in front of crowds and performing every week is kind of ideal for him.

Yeah because being a WWF wrestler is so good for mental health. Its not like half our favourites from the 90's haven't killed themselves and the other half aren't genuine maniacs or anything.