You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2020

Captain Turdseye

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, true enough. but yeah, had several posts in here about Wilder v Joshua. I was wondering why on Earth they think AJ would take that fight. 

I think Wilder takes the rematch. Too much money not to, Fury seems to agree. 

Wilder doesn't really have a choice

2 fighters hold the belts. Hearn won't let AJ near Wilder and he has a rematch clause. If he doesn't take it he's relegated to the scrap heap. Nobody is going to fight him as there's no upside to taking a fight with a monster puncher without a belt. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

2 fighters hold the belts. Hearn won't let AJ near Wilder and he has a rematch clause. If he doesn't take it he's relegated to the scrap heap. Nobody is going to fight him as there's no upside to taking a fight with a monster puncher without a belt. 

Yeah, that’s how I see it. Some in here saying they don’t see Wilder taking it. I say that he will want the big money and has little choice, and it’s the only chance of getting the belts back. So... yeah. 

19 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, true enough. but yeah, had several posts in here about Wilder v Joshua. I was wondering why on Earth they think AJ would take that fight. 

I think Wilder takes the rematch. Too much money not to, Fury seems to agree. 

17 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

image.png

Maybe Fury v. Joshua first. 

On 19/02/2020 at 07:04, chrisbonnie said:

Fury talks the best fight in the game, 

But the fact is the matter is, he's a complete and utter spoiler once he steps inside the ropes. 

I like the guy, think he's funny, but he's deplorable to watch, and for that alone I want wilder to knock him out. 

Could you bloody imagine the bore fest that would be fury vs the new cowardly Anthony Joshua. 

You'd have to listen to that smarmy cock sucker, Hearn on sky sports for months on sky bigging it up. Then we'd all stupidly pay 30 euro to watch kell brook batter some Macedonian, Martin ward pittar patter his way to a points victory over another "top contender" from Belarus and fuck knows what else. 

Fuck that shit, come on wilder 

How wrong was I? 

If I could neg myself, I would.... 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Wow, did not expect to see a stoppage. Gutted I slept through the alarm. 

Any jarg replay sites I can go to?

Edit; sorry, any jarg replay sites I can report to the relevant authorities?

Haven't checked it yet but allthebestfights.com usually has them

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Just watched the fight on Catchup after deciding to stay in bed earlier. Fury fought the perfect fight from his point of view, used his height and weight to keep Wilder on his back foot, making it harder for him to swing those wild bombs. The World will see it as a shock, but it isn't that big of a shock in the big scheme of things. Wilder just relies on glory hits as he packs some power, a loss like this was always on the cards against a clever boxer, and Fury boxes clever. 

I see Wilder was banging on about having a lot going on before the fight but no excuses...er, you just made excuses. 

100% there'll be a 3rd match, wasn't it part of the contract? Plus the yanks can sell it big style.