You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite Everton Player

cloggypop

Honourable mention to Peter Beagrie for one of my favourite ever football stories.

3 Peter Beagrie (1991)

Vital ingredients Booze, a motorcycle, a plate glass window

While on Everton's 1991 pre-season tour of Spain, Beagrie went on a boozy night out following a game with Real Sociedad. In the early hours he flagged down a Spanish motorcyclist who gave him a lift home. Upon arriving at his hotel he couldn't wake the night porter, so Beagrie commandeered the bemused Spaniard's bike, rode it up the hotel steps and straight through a plate glass window. Only it was the wrong hotel. Beagrie required 50 stitches.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Moustache rep.

I'll see your Mountfield 'tache and raise you a Paul Power lip caterpillar. Not long with the Ev, but an iconic look. Like he's staring into the abyss.

power-2.jpg

What do you expect playing for them?

AnguishedCoarseFlamingo-size_restricted.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Reid or the binman - both top quality and sound fellas.

Could you imagine if someone posted a Favourite Liverpool player thread on GOT?!

That was at least part of the motivation behind starting this one. I was interested to see which way it would go. Turns out we aren't largely a bunch of twats. 

5 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

That was at least part of the motivation behind starting this one. I was interested to see which way it would go. Turns out we aren't largely a bunch of twats. 

I can’t remember ever hating any Everton players, not even as a kid.

Well, maybe this fella, for about five minutes.

Guest Francie Brady

Can someone explain to me how Beardsley was ever sold to Everton. Was 1 million really that big a price back then? 

Abel Xavier would be my pick the crazy bastard 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Duncan McKenzie. Not only was he a skilful fucker but could also jump over a car and throw a golf ball the length of goodison. Not terrific qualities to have as a footballer admittedly, but still ...

Met him on the train just before the Kiev final, lovely bloke, didn't turn a hair when I said I was a Red, spoke very highly of Liverpool, just a decent man.

One of the few famous people I'm happy to share my birthday with (honourable mention to Liz Hurley obviously)!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Francie Brady said:

Can someone explain to me how Beardsley was ever sold to Everton. Was 1 million really that big a price back then? 

Abel Xavier would be my pick the crazy bastard 

As ever it was another mistake revolving around Souness ego during his disasterous stint as manager. Great player but a terrible manager for us.

12 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Met him on the train just before the Kiev final, lovely bloke, didn't turn a hair when I said I was a Red, spoke very highly of Liverpool, just a decent man.

One of the few famous people I'm happy to share my birthday with (honourable mention to Liz Hurley obviously)!

I share mine with Allison and Bobby, beat that!

ignoring the obvious LFC players that have crossed the divide, i'll go a Blues/Manc double with phenomenal man/boy Norman Whiteside. well earned the nickname Rambo too which is subsequently ironic.

immense talent and had to quit sadly due to injury at 26 (just looked it up). carrying that huge frame around obviously took it's toll knees wise from playing top level at such a young age.

2 hours ago, thegreatelephant said:

ignoring the obvious LFC players that have crossed the divide, i'll go a Blues/Manc double with phenomenal man/boy Norman Whiteside. well earned the nickname Rambo too which is subsequently ironic.

immense talent and had to quit sadly due to injury at 26 (just looked it up). carrying that huge frame around obviously took it's toll knees wise from playing top level at such a young age.

And for me scored one of the best cup final goals ,beating Southall at his far post.

• Upvote 1