Quantcast
Man Utd (H) Premier League - 19/1/20 - Page 9 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Man Utd (H) Premier League - 19/1/20

I remember the 70s and 80s when they would often get a result against us. A bit like us regularly turning them over when we were bog average.

We should comfortably dispose of them, just like we should the Ev at Goodison, but these games are a leveller.

2-1 Redmen but a horribly poor and tense game. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, The Guest said:

Martial is the most overrated footballer in the league.  He’s fucking shite.

He's a good player but he has a dodgy attitude. Jiminez is a far better player imo. He would be a lovely addition to our squad. Bobby, Fab and Ali would get him into their gospel studies whatsapp group  no doubt so he'd slot in nicely to our god fearing team of middle Englander slaying angels.

Nothing to base this on, just a hunch, we may see an all attacking match with Liverpool attempting throw down a gauntlet for the rest of the league and United trying to prove that they still matter.

For some reason I'm getting a 1994 vibe where we drew 3-3. There are some reverse similarities between then and now.

Remember when we used to go to theirs from 95 onwards and routinely get dispatched without even having a shot on target mostly. Granted, we had a few exceptions but generally they used to beat us when they were miles better than us. Scholes and Ferdinand in 07, park and fletcher in 10, berb hat trick, and bout ten others where we were abject.

We've got absolutely fuck all to worry about really. 9times out of ten they'd beat us when roles were reversed.

We play our game and the team that Bournemouth and Watford beat easily, won't cause us any problems. 

We just need to play against the team 27 points behind us and not their fucking name

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, niallers said:

Remember when we used to go to theirs from 95 onwards and routinely get dispatched without even having a shot on target mostly. Granted, we had a few exceptions but generally they used to beat us when they were miles better than us. Scholes and Ferdinand in 07, park and fletcher in 10, berb hat trick, and bout ten others where we were abject.

We've got absolutely fuck all to worry about really. 9times out of ten they'd beat us when roles were reversed.

We play our game and the team that Bournemouth and Watford beat easily, won't cause us any problems. 

We just need to play against the team 27 points behind us and not their fucking name

After beating them at Old Trafford in 1989/90, we didn’t do so again until 2000/01. 

We shall not we shall not be moved

Just like the team
that's going to win the Football leaugue
We shall not be moved

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, kop77 said:

Just like the team
that's going to win the Football leaugue
We shall not be moved

Never unclench

I see its all over the press about a bus welcome tomorrow, most of it talking about the united bus and not cheering our bus into the stadium.

I genuinely hope we are not talking about matters off the pitch tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, rotoq said:

I don't care what the media talk about as long as we win

I doubt klopp will be too impressed if he has to apologise in front of the press again. Hopefully it won't come to that. 

3 minutes ago, BCM said:

I doubt klopp will be too impressed if he has to apologise in front of the press again. Hopefully it won't come to that. 

pack it in, klopp loves it 

10 minutes ago, BCM said:

I see its all over the press about a bus welcome tomorrow, most of it talking about the united bus and not cheering our bus into the stadium.

I genuinely hope we are not talking about matters off the pitch tomorrow.

Undoubtedly this. In 2014, we welcomed our coach and didnt set out to chuck cans of ale at chelsea's. The LFC coach welcoming was great but the usual dickheads had to spoil it by throwing things.

Id rather Liverpool and the police if necessary banned any coach welcoming now. Some of the scenes are just embarassing and drag the club's name into the mud.

6 minutes ago, kop77 said:

pack it in, klopp loves it 

Most of it is fine. Its the sticking windows through that is a joke and there is always one or two who will take it too far. 

Any 3 points will do. But I hope we play our best. I hope the gulf between us is obvious at the 90 mins. I hope we get some revenge for the years of poor results against them.

6 hours ago, Grinch said:

Don't get this sort of talk.   We're going to win the league and they're going to finish 5th at best, even if they do win today. 

Who the fuck is going to be taken seriously bragging about how many points they took off us.   I know it didn't make me feel much better getting the odd win against them when we were also rans. 

This 100 times over

You'd think our fans would get that. Getting the small pleasures of league wins but watching them walk the title. Great on the day, shite a month later when you see it made no fucking difference.

City drawing today has taken any pressure off. 6/7pts out of the next three games and at minimum we hold our lead. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WhiskeyJar said:

Nothing to base this on, just a hunch, we may see an all attacking match with Liverpool attempting throw down a gauntlet for the rest of the league and United trying to prove that they still matter.

For some reason I'm getting a 1994 vibe where we drew 3-3. There are some reverse similarities between then and now.

They will park the bus and try to hit us on the counter. That’s what they do best though, and I expect a tough and tight game. Unless we get on or two early, that could change tings.