You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) Premier League - 19/1/20

Bjornebye

I’ve had a boss day. Went out cycling in the north York moors, loads of fun, fucking beautiful place.

got back, went the pub for a great roast and watch the match.

now, if the packers can upset the 49ers that would seal it.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

God, it felt good to sing "We're gonna win the League"!

So far, we've restricted ourselves to skirting the issue (singing about "top of the league" and "Champions of the World") as if we're scared of jinxing it; but this weekend surely shows that the Unbearables are unstoppable. 

57 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Now I'm gonna believe us.

The timing was perfect. Moment of the season for me.

Their transformation into Everton is complete. Singing shit songs about atmosphere, Heysel and the Sun, and not getting a peep of a reaction out of us. Horrible, snide, small-time entitled gobshites. Their manager is like a pissed fan plucked from the pub and he's a total coward. They have one of the most promising young strikers in the country in Greenwood, yet when Rashford is injured they play Pereira. They go one nil down and drop deeper.

They looked like the only instruction they had was to run around lots. At no point in the last 15 minutes did they look like scoring. 

I'd go as far as to say that they are as bad now as we have been at any time in the last 30 years. They have no direction and no hope as long as those fucking weirdos still own them. Long may it continue.

The added satisfaction of winning despite a shocking VAR call is the icing on the cake.

We're gonna win the league.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

The timing was perfect. Moment of the season for me.

Their transformation into Everton is complete. Singing shit songs about atmosphere, Heysel and the Sun, and not getting a peep of a reaction out of us. Horrible, snide, small-time entitled gobshites. Their manager is like a pissed fan plucked from the pub and he's a total coward. They have one of the most promising young strikers in the country in Greenwood, yet when Rashford is injured they play Pereira. They go one nil down and drop deeper.

They looked like the only instruction they had was to run around lots. At no point in the last 15 minutes did they look like scoring. 

I'd go as far as to say that they are as bad now as we have been at any time in the last 30 years. They have no direction and no hope as long as those fucking weirdos still own them. Long may it continue.

The added satisfaction of winning despite a shocking VAR call is the icing on the cake.

We're gonna win the league.

Martial should have scored his big chance, but aside from that they were just "busy".

Guest Francie Brady

Thought Gomez was excellent again today, 7 clean sheets in a row since he’s come in I think. 

Sky pundits saying Liverpool only have work horses in midfield pisses me off. 

Henderson was immense again today and nearly put game to bed with a great effort. 

If Fucking Grealish or Mount put in that performance they would be wanking over it. 

Anyway, Up the reds! What a team 

18 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Ending was so reminiscent in so many ways of the 2009 Anfield game with N'gog last minute goal and Reina steaming down the other end.

Shameful that I can't find a good quality clip of that anywhere.

Found this though:

Yep, but we were like 6th or 7th in the table, so feel so much better today. Michael Owen did play that day and all Anfield was shouting Judas to him. But today so lunch better ....

Was just going to mention the midfield. To call them workhorses is not only disrespectful but fucking ridiculous too. They are far, far more than that which anyone who knows anything about football could plainly see.

There’s a huge difference between a workhorse  and an excellent player who works his bollocks off.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Francie Brady said:

Thought Gomez was excellent again today, 7 clean sheets in a row since he’s come in I think. 

Sky pundits saying Liverpool only have work horses in midfield pisses me off. 

Henderson was immense again today and nearly put game to bed with a great effort. 

If Fucking Grealish or Mount put in that performance they would be wanking over it. 

Anyway, Up the reds! What a team 

Only Evra said that he's a twat anyway

Guest Francie Brady
9 minutes ago, J-V said:

Only Evra said that he's a twat anyway

Souness originally called them work horses and compared them to Silva or De Bruyne. 

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

God, it felt good to sing "We're gonna win the League"!

So far, we've restricted ourselves to skirting the issue (singing about "top of the league" and "Champions of the World") as if we're scared of jinxing it; but this weekend surely shows that the Unbearables are unstoppable. 

Now I'm gonna believe us.

At this point, it's a lot more disingenuous to pretend like it's not over than to just admit that we're 99% sure of winning it and to enjoy.