You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) Premier League - 19/1/20

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

I think we’re probably the last people that should be gloating about shite owners after Moores sold us to a couple of carpet baggers that took us to the brink of bankruptcy. 

The Glazers are nothing like the cowboys we had (well, ok, they're both cunts!). Those two drove the club to the brink of bankruptcy. The glazers have saddled their club with huge debt but it's debt they can finance and neither has any of their managers since ferguson been starved of funds for players.

The glazers may be bad owners like the cowboys were but the circumstances around the clubs are vastly different. Apart from that, yeah, I'll drink and revel in their demise and situation.

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

I really like the Super Sunday post game discussions.

Souness and Keane have mutual respect so don't argue with each other, then you have Souness having zero respect for Gary Neville and always causing arguments with him and now that there's friction between Carragher and Keane, it'll most likely go off again in the near future.

Great entertainment.

Reckon Souness would still take Keane in a scrap

• Upvote 1

That spat on Sunday was a call-back to the one months ago where Keane said to Carragher “You said almost win a title? You didn’t win a title”, and Manc fans all buzzed off it.

Carra had been saying how it’s never as bad as it seems re United currently, and Liverpool used to be like that before they signed Suarez. I thought at the time Keane bristled at the idea of him ruffling United’s hair and reflexively went for their go-to jibe, to try and reestablish a bit of lost authority.

Was evident he was still feeling the above but for obvious reasons couldn’t use the same ammunition, when he said that thing about “Supposedly Liverpool now have all the answers” and how they shouldn’t all patronise United by talking up their performance in a defeat too much.  

He’s just smarting about how much the roles have reversed and can’t handle the fact his old club could learn plenty from the modern Liverpool. Trying to get the moral victory of putting one over an LFC legend in the studio, for their fans to cling onto.

To quote one of their own; the past was yours but the future’s mine, you’re all out of time.

• Upvote 1

I'm not convinced he actually gives that much of a shit about United now, nor hates us.

He's defending the club because they're managed by someone he played with and has a modicum of respect for. 

What he seems to despise is every single aspect of modern football. It's why he's alright to listen to because you know he has no time for the tedious shit or the short termism. It's perfect now because he's helping to keep the shittest manager in the league at United.

• Upvote 3

He’s a funny mix of things though isn’t he, with a massive ego and keen sense of his own mythology. I bet it grates him personally to have someone who played in a Liverpool side he competed with while United ruled the roost dispensing observations on where they’re going wrong now, and how they could sort it out like Liverpool have.

There’s also that tribal muscle memory thing where he can pontificate on United but someone who’s been their competitor voicing an opinion still gets his back up. Bit like we might have given it out to Suarez at times when he played against us last year, but if a United fan had joined in we wouldn’t have had a bar of it.

I kind of understand where Keane is coming from, the players they have are a complete mix of about 4 managers philosophies and playing styles, they probably do need to have a couple if seasons of continuity and let the manager actually try to develop a team into his style rather than getting yet another manager, giving him another hundred million, and expecting instant success. 

Everton have a similar problem, but Carlo might actually be given the time because of his name. 

Ole is clearly the wrong person they should be giving that time to, but their stubbornness will be their downfall. 

57 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

That spat on Sunday was a call-back to the one months ago where Keane said to Carragher “You said almost win a title? You didn’t win a title”, and Manc fans all buzzed off it.

Carra had been saying how it’s never as bad as it seems re United currently, and Liverpool used to be like that before they signed Suarez. I thought at the time Keane bristled at the idea of him ruffling United’s hair and reflexively went for their go-to jibe, to try and reestablish a bit of lost authority.

Was evident he was still feeling the above but for obvious reasons couldn’t use the same ammunition, when he said that thing about “Supposedly Liverpool now have all the answers” and how they shouldn’t all patronise United by talking up their performance in a defeat too much.  

He’s just smarting about how much the roles have reversed and can’t handle the fact his old club could learn plenty from the modern Liverpool. Trying to get the moral victory of putting one over an LFC legend in the studio, for their fans to cling onto.

To quote one of their own; the past was yours but the future’s mine, you’re all out of time.

Roses rep. 

Made me laugh on Sunday when he said that he was confident of United getting a result until the players came out for the warm-up wearing “stupid little hats”

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Very true, except for the fact that there was a distinct lack of empathy from united fans when we were dealing with that shit.

Wouldn't expect any empathy in either direction but it's a fact we have been just as fucked over , probably more so, by greedy owners and are not in any way immune from the predicament they find themselves in.

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

The Glazers are nothing like the cowboys we had (well, ok, they're both cunts!). Those two drove the club to the brink of bankruptcy. The glazers have saddled their club with huge debt but it's debt they can finance and neither has any of their managers since ferguson been starved of funds for players.

The glazers may be bad owners like the cowboys were but the circumstances around the clubs are vastly different. Apart from that, yeah, I'll drink and revel in their demise and situation.

Yep, we were in a far worse mess so I expect Utd will sort themselves out eventually. Regrettably they ain't falling off a cliff.

I started to quite like Keane after he handed McCarthy his arse.

"Mick, you're a liar... you're a fucking wanker.

"I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager, and I don't rate you as a person. You're a fucking wanker and you can stick your World Cup up your arse.

"The only reason I have any dealings with you is that somehow you are the manager of my country! You can stick it up your bollocks."

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I like how he and Neville are whining about recruitment. The biggest recruiting mistakes they have made have been managers, not players.

This. They have brought in plenty of good players. Problem is they dont know how to put together a well functioning unit, a task including a number of factors, coaching and developing players being one of them.

3 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

He’s a funny mix of things though isn’t he, with a massive ego and keen sense of his own mythology. I bet it grates him personally to have someone who played in a Liverpool side he competed with while United ruled the roost dispensing observations on where they’re going wrong now, and how they could sort it out like Liverpool have.

There’s also that tribal muscle memory thing where he can pontificate on United but someone who’s been their competitor voicing an opinion still gets his back up. Bit like we might have given it out to Suarez at times when he played against us last year, but if a United fan had joined in we wouldn’t have had a bar of it.

Your club or home town is like your family. You might be their harshest critic but if someone from outside starts slagging them off you’d defend them to the hilt.

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

Yep, we were in a far worse mess so I expect Utd will sort themselves out eventually. Regrettably they ain't falling off a cliff.

It took new owners for us to turn it around, us being on the verge of going over the cliff is what led to the circumstances we have now.

What if H&G were slightly less bad? And they did just enough to keep keep the club in their hands while slowly dragging us down. 

Maybe the fact we were such a mess is what saved us from something worse over the long term. 

You're right, they aren't in the same state we were, and they aren't in any danger of going off a cliff anytime soon, but that also means the Glazers aren't going anywhere, Woodward not going anywhere, a slow descent over a decade or so could prove to be more damaging than two cowboys. 

10 minutes ago, Aventus said:

It took new owners for us to turn it around, us being on the verge of going over the cliff is what led to the circumstances we have now.

What if H&G were slightly less bad? And they did just enough to keep keep the club in their hands while slowly dragging us down. 

Maybe the fact we were such a mess is what saved us from something worse over the long term. 

You're right, they aren't in the same state we were, and they aren't in any danger of going off a cliff anytime soon, but that also means the Glazers aren't going anywhere, Woodward not going anywhere, a slow descent over a decade or so could prove to be more damaging than two cowboys. 

Wishful thinking that they will be in reverse for the next decade imo. Lack of success on the pitch will impact their bottom line and fan base . The Glazers may sell or invest properly to stop the rot but it's not viable to go on like this for years.

The club was recently valued at 4bn and the Glazers love taking cash out of the club. They will probably wait until the debt on the club has gone or wait til some ridiculously rich Arab will offer them well over the asking price.

The thing with the Mancs is if they get a decent manager the money is there and if they start winning trophies again the fans will just forget about them until they have another lean spell. The Glazers always give the managers money. 

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Exactly. The funny bit is, in this case it’s not really been criticism. 

But Keane is so defensive he’d start a fight in an empty house.

my mates a united fan and he’s heard they are waiting for Klopp and Fraudiola to leave. That’s their plan! Wait until their rivals are less good.