You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) Premier League - 19/1/20

Bjornebye

An interesting view of the match from Matic...

“I think we played some good football in the last 35-40 minutes. We were the better side but it is hard if you don’t score goals against these kind of teams.

“I am sure that our staff will analyse everything and the last 35 minutes are a model of how we need to play against strong teams.”

37 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

An interesting view of the match from Matic...

“I think we played some good football in the last 35-40 minutes. We were the better side but it is hard if you don’t score goals against these kind of teams.

“I am sure that our staff will analyse everything and the last 35 minutes are a model of how we need to play against strong teams.”

He's talking out of his fucking arse if he thinks they were the better side for 35-40 minutes of the 2nd half. What, that half when we should have had 4 or 5 more goals? What clear chances did you have in the 2nd half, I can only think of 1 and that was when you went shit or bust in the last 10-15 minutes and you went bust?

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Was there ever a replay showing Wan Bissaka on side in the build up to their chance?

That was doing my head in. 27,000 replays of two players jostling for the ball on the sideline, both likely obscuring the linesman's view. Perhaps the incorrect call, but an understandable one in the circumstances. Yet because a few phases of play later, one team is good enough to score, suddenly it's a huge controversy. 

A week later, you had a seemingly great chance not taken in a game that was on a knife's edge until the dying seconds. Said chance came directly as a result of a player who could have been well offside, so in isolation would make it a far worse decision than the previous example. Yet we'll never fucking know. No controversy either, but it's already passed into memory as merely a 'great chance'. So fucking annoying that. 

6 minutes ago, Mark M said:

When Salah was interviewed on the pitch at the end he was asked what is it about the front 3 that can’t score against Utd.

maybe firmino hasn’t but mane definitely has. 

While back, but Firmino scored in the Europa league against them.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 hours ago, Grinch said:

The signing that has every Liverpool fan pissing their pants.   They've paid 80m for a worse defender than Johnny Evans. 

The best thing is they'll persevere with him for at least another 2 full seasons due to his hefty contract and no interest in the fucker.