You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) Premier League - 19/1/20

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

You're forgetting all the sleepless nights we had when they dominated us. It was only when we repeatedly dicked them 4 and 5 nil during that time that the blessed relief of sleep became me.

Those cry wanks are powerful sedatives.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Just fucking win it. Anywhere! I don't care if it is on Pluto FFS. 

...although the atmosphere of nitrogen (N2), methane (CH4), and carbon monoxide (CO) will make it tough for 90 minutes.

Robbo will still be running after 90 minutes 

• Upvote 1

I hope someone puts together a video on our best moves during that game. We didn't manage to convert any of them, but there were several chances where the football was unreal - pass and move, tricks, flicks, everything. I kept waiting for the Poetry In Motion song to be dusted off.

Firmino and Gini in particular were outstanding. Bobby at his nonchalant best, Gini working his socks off to do all the little things to stop United putting anything together.

Should have won it by 4 or 5, but I'll take a 2-0 against the Mancs any day.

I said to Bri that any talk of titles would be premature and that I would take no part of it. 

... but at some point I must have decided to relent and I decided to sing a few bars of “and now you’re going to believe us” whist gesticulating at the Utd fans. 

3 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I said to Bri that any talk of titles would be premature and that I would take no part of it. 

... but at some point I must have decided to relent and I decided to sing a few bars of “and now you’re going to believe us” whist gesticulating at the Utd fans. 

This is what a beer and 2 wines will do to you.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Jennings said:

While there's something to be said for not leaving hostages to fortune, if you couldn't give it bifters when they're directly opposite then you're dead inside.

From the Spurs posts

"You just know that they'll do something really fucking cringey when they win it, give Klopp the keys to the city or build him a throne or some such shit.
The worst thing about them is he's not going anywhere soon either.
I might have to start following another sport altogether until he fucks off."

Haha!

It's crazy to remember this as well from the middle of the comments :

"Liverpool have a game in hand."

I thought too that if we could get past today that's going to be the major turning point where we start believing. I'm feeling a lot better but way too anxious to fully believe it yet. Could be that over the years have seen us do so well against better teams then the teams lower in the league have gone and caused us issues. So I see every game as a potential problem.

But I still daren't watch us play, last game I saw was us winning the CL. Even if we actually win the title and haven't been beaten I'm still not watching. I'll want the unbeaten run at that point instead.

In other words, fearing jinxing things by watching fucking sucks, but I'll just keep freaking out looking at livescore and hope it lasts until the end of the season so we're unbeaten. If it carries on I'll make a point of downloading torrents of matches after they've finished.

2 hours ago, rotoq said:

Martial should have scored his big chance, but aside from that they were just "busy".

When I was a kid there used to be a bike shop in town called Jack Marshall's. Difference is, old Jack wasn't a cunt and he would have buried the chance which befell that poodle arse fucker.

31 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

From the Spurs posts

"You just know that they'll do something really fucking cringey when they win it, give Klopp the keys to the city or build him a throne or some such shit.
The worst thing about them is he's not going anywhere soon either.
I might have to start following another sport altogether until he fucks off."

Haha!

It's crazy to remember this as well from the middle of the comments :

"Liverpool have a game in hand."

I thought too that if we could get past today that's going to be the major turning point where we start believing. I'm feeling a lot better but way too anxious to fully believe it yet. Could be that over the years have seen us do so well against better teams then the teams lower in the league have gone and caused us issues. So I see every game as a potential problem.

But I still daren't watch us play, last game I saw was us winning the CL. Even if we actually win the title and haven't been beaten I'm still not watching. I'll want the unbeaten run at that point instead.

In other words, fearing jinxing things by watching fucking sucks, but I'll just keep freaking out looking at livescore and hope it lasts until the end of the season so we're unbeaten. If it carries on I'll make a point of downloading torrents of matches after they've finished.

You haven't watched a game this season?