You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) Premier League - 19/1/20

Bjornebye

55 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

The timing was perfect. Moment of the season for me.

Their transformation into Everton is complete. Singing shit songs about atmosphere, Heysel and the Sun, and not getting a peep of a reaction out of us. Horrible, snide, small-time entitled gobshites. Their manager is like a pissed fan plucked from the pub and he's a total coward. They have one of the most promising young strikers in the country in Greenwood, yet when Rashford is injured they play Pereira. They go one nil down and drop deeper.

They looked like the only instruction they had was to run around lots. At no point in the last 15 minutes did they look like scoring. 

I'd go as far as to say that they are as bad now as we have been at any time in the last 30 years. They have no direction and no hope as long as those fucking weirdos still own them. Long may it continue.

The added satisfaction of winning despite a shocking VAR call is the icing on the cake.

We're gonna win the league.

Yes, I thought they looked happy with keeping it at an "honourable" 0-1.

They didn't get anywhere near our perch.

I think 30 years of frustration and hurt came out on the final whistle. It was like lancing a boil, not that Ive lanced one but I can imagine what it's like. It was like a champange cork shooting out of a bottle and the fizzy jizzy stuff following it. The euphoria was emotional.

I can understand people believing in the old Liverpool way, it isnt won until no one else can win it. I dont judge or begrudge anyone who wants to hold onto that way of thinking. Yes, we've been there and seen us drop the title like a hot potato before.

But it's not happening this time. No one and I mean no one, is catching us. As the song says, nothin's gonna stop us now. Celebrating titles and trophies is a funny thing, it's a bit like Christmas for a kid. They wait 364 non Leap Year days for the big day to arrive and open the presents. Then, in less than 24 waking hours, it's over, gone, not to be experienced for another 364 days. In a fleeting moment, it's just another memory.

So, I say to the people who want to hold on to the old ways, embrace the moment, dont let this pass you by. This is what winning a league title feels like. Of course Jurgen and the boys cannot begin to feel like that. They have to keep digging deep just like they did in this game.

The filthy manc cunts didnt waste much time showing us what sewer rats they are. I couldnt quite see the banner they held up at the start of the game but their repetoire during it probably gives a clue. They gave it the 'murderers' chant just before Virgil scored and later in the 2nd half, gave it the 'We won it 3 times' shit. I wonder whether that fat cunt custis will report that in his rag of a 'paper'? Will neville out his old fans? Will sky and tyler? Dont hold your breath.

So, Im as pleased as fuck we gave them a real kick in the nads deep into stoppage time when their players looked like they might just nick an undeserved equaliser. Haha, have that you sewer feeding rats!

In my mind, this is the biggest club game in Europe and the world. The two biggest clubs in English football, one, now a fast fading former giant, clinging to it's past glories but still a behemoth. The other, a club who had gone through the motions itself but is now picking itself up off the floor, standing tall and looking on a bright, golden future. We might not dominate like we did in the 70s and 80s but you know there's a new dynasty rising in L4 right now.

Liverpool started brightly and from an early corner, van Dijk jumped like a salmon to power the ball home for 1-0. It looked like we were going to rip united a new one. Another ball into the box, an aerial challenge which de gea seemed to fumble, united unable to clear until Bobby got on the end of it and smash it into the net for 2-0. Until VAR stepped in. After a minute or two the decision was no goal. Why? No one in the stadium had a clue. Again. At half time people said neville said there was no foul and the goal should have stood. LiVARpool, eh?

In the same half, we had another break and, although the lino quickly put his flag up, I didnt see anyone offside and the resultant goal chalked off. Now I didnt see too many united players claiming offside, I might be wrong but I dont recall any so half time we only had the one goal to show for it.

At the start of the 2nd half, they couldnt live with us. Sadio, Mo and Bobby all seemed to have shots that rolled agonisingly the wrong side of the post. Note to Anfield ground staff, comb the grass towards the goal, please!

Even hendo got in on the act with a pile driver that de gea tipped onto the post. We wanted a 2nd goal to kill them off and open the floodgates but it just wouldnt come. In the last 15 minutes, a combination of shit or bust by united and tiring legs in the Liverpool team saw us under more pressure than we'd like. One or two people were getting a little edgey but there was no wide spread dissent.

And then I dont really know what happen even though it started right in front of me. A united attack broke down and the ball was with Alisson. van Dijk implored him to calm down and just hold the ball to run down a few more seconds. But Ali was having none of it. A quick throw out saw Mo scampering after the ball with a one on one, de gea came out to narrow the angle and Mo slipped it between his legs and into the Kop goal. Game over. Final whistle.

Then the boil was lanced. Almost in unison and at once, it echoed around the ground. It didnt grow from a restrained chant with others joining in. It was full on, right there, right then. It was the moment everyone in the ground accepted and acknowledged the reality of it all. 'And now you're gonna believe us! And now you're gonna believe us, we're gonna win the league!' and yes, you know what, we are.

Star man for me was Joe Gomez, the boy is as impervious as van Dijk and didnt put a foot wrong.

Anyone connected with united saying they were in the game right up to the last minute is deluding themselves. I heard the gimp say it didnt look like there was 30 points between the sides. Maybe his rubber gimp suit obscured his view. Two very close decisions in their favour and a number of shots rolling agonisingly the wrong side ofthe post was all that kept them in the game.

I hope they give the gimp a 5 year extension on his contract and £200m+ to waste, sorry spend on players.

This was the day charlie championship found out where he'll be living for the next 12 months. At Anfield for the 19th time.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

I don't care what anyone says, we haven't won the league yet! Yes I was pleased to hear "and now you're gonna believe it" at the end because we do believe it, but it's not won yet. 10 wins and it's our and yes I am enjoying every minute of the season, even if there are times when it's a bit stressful. 

Once it's ours I'll probably cry like a baby, it's been far too long, I can't wait. 

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Anyone checked on Neil Custis' wellbeing, the massive whopper.

If you were casting some telly drama and you had a character described as "amoral hack whose soul is dogshit, whose wife took the kids and the dog and who will die prematurely and unmourned as a result of years of alcohol, cocaine and greasy food" you would cast someone who looks exactly like Custis.

• Upvote 1