You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) Premier League - 19/1/20

Bjornebye

Interesting the bit about the 80’. So strong mentally like it used to be, the game is won before the kick off. And great praise of Klopp with the perfect balance in team. And the conclusion : «  I see they still have another level to go” 

Et ben mes amis ....

Oh it looks like the daily wail has picked up a story about the 'Official Liverpool' fan group (I dont think they are 'official' in any way) calling for a hostile coach reception for united on Sunday.

I used to think these were great when the purpose was to welcome OUR players coach. But sadly, it just takes a few tosser to change the emphasis onto 'welcoming' the visiting team coach and all that entails. The bad publicity it brings I wish the club would just put a stop to this now.

19 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

What I don't understand is that it was presumably effective on the first one or two occasions they did it, but now it's every single time we play them and so has no valance, just bizarre to continue to do it.

Does this mean they're going to sheet the bed? 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

What I don't understand is that it was presumably effective on the first one or two occasions they did it, but now it's every single time we play them and so has no valance, just bizarre to continue to do it.

tumblr_pwlfv1eKZS1xyd8olo3_500.gifv

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Oh it looks like the daily wail has picked up a story about the 'Official Liverpool' fan group (I dont think they are 'official' in any way) calling for a hostile coach reception for united on Sunday.

I used to think these were great when the purpose was to welcome OUR players coach. But sadly, it just takes a few tosser to change the emphasis onto 'welcoming' the visiting team coach and all that entails. The bad publicity it brings I wish the club would just put a stop to this now.

Wherever 2 or 3 working class, Scouse scum are gathered together, the Daily Heil sees a dangerous mob who must be stopped. 

For what it's worth, I can't be arsed about the other team's coach; these things should be all about welcoming the Liverpool coach and building a proper atmosphere from the start.

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

I respectfully disagree obviously, but I can see where you’re coming from if you’re basing it on this season alone. 

Changing a team that hasn’t lost, for a different formation to fit in United players... unreal. Putting slow defenders into the best defensive unit in the world who play high, push the fullbacks forward, and leave the CBs exposed and rely on their pace? 

No thanks. I don’t care what season it is. 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Maguire has been wank this season. Putting him ahead of Gomez is trolling or worse. 

Yes, Gomez and Matip are both much better players than Maguire. Maguire is an absolute fucking shambles. I wouldn't swap him for Lovren.

And obviously having Rashford ahead of Salah is utterly ludicrous.

A mixed 11 would be 11 Liverpool players with the only debate about whether Gomez or Matip starts alongside VVD.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Changing a team that hasn’t lost, for a different formation to fit in United players... unreal. Putting slow defenders into the best defensive unit in the world who play high, push the fullbacks forward, and leave the CBs exposed and rely on their pace? 

No thanks. I don’t care what season it is. 

I don’t know. Klopp managed to create a successful side with two slow CBs before. Before Virgil, I’d say Hyypia was our best centre back in the modern era and he was slower than your nan. More than one way to skin a cat.

17 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I don’t know. Klopp managed to create a successful side with two slow CBs before. Before Virgil, I’d say Hyypia was our best centre back in the modern era and he was slower than your nan. More than one way to skin a cat.

Cool. Let’s weaken our team, play a different way that has made us lose once in a season and a half, all to fit Maguire in. 

Agree with your first sentence, mate. We definitely do not agree. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Rashford has been very good this season. If they wanted to squeeze in a United player, they could have added him and made it a 4-2-4. But putting Maguire in that combined 11 is an affront. It's disgusting. Outrageous. 

You missed "irrelevant "

• Upvote 1

Like everyone else I hope we beat these fuckers on Sunday but I hope the fanbase (it probably will though) don't go into meltdown if we don't. If someone had said after 22 games you'll win every one apart from two against the Mancs I'd like to think how we'd all answer...