You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) Premier League - 19/1/20

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
34 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

You would prefer this to the opportunity of enjoying a Phil Jones performance? 

It would be Linderlof and MaGuire. Mind you, they have to negotiate a tricky replay tonight, so who knows which players will be fit for the weekend. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Have they said who they are pretending is injured yet.

10 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Rashford, Maguire, I'm assuming, it really is boringly predictable, I'm uncertain why they are still going through the rigmarole of doing it at this stage 

For the Utd supporters and the media. Rashford and Maguire will come trundling onto the pitch on Sunday and they'll all be drooling away about how Klopp has been completely hoodwinked by Ole the master of head games.

It was fucking lame when Ferguson did it as well.

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

For the Utd supporters and the media. Rashford and Maguire will come trundling onto the pitch on Sunday and they'll all be drooling away about how Klopp has been completely hoodwinked by Ole the master of head games.

It was fucking lame when Ferguson did it as well.

What I don't understand is that it was presumably effective on the first one or two occasions they did it, but now it's every single time we play them and so has no valance, just bizarre to continue to do it.

On 14/01/2020 at 15:28, INTORRESTING said:

Need to give them a hiding, they are shite.  We need to stop shitting the bed against this lot.

Spot on. We always show them far too much respect, far too cautious and stand offish when we play them; we need to fuck that shit off and from the very first second we need to tear into them like Gary Glitter in a creche.

• Downvote 1

Will be interesting to see how obsessed they are with us. To rest players like Rashford would make sense. Why risk him being seriously injured in a match you'll loose anyway?

If they play this like it was the eternal cup final I'd be surprised. Even a hobbit, even a gollum, even a sperm of a gollum, should be able to understand this is a lost match, a match where you can rest players.

16 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

This match is insanely important to ole for PR reasons. Beating or drawing against us would show clearly they are on the right track regardless of previous results and that everyone else against us  is shite and its why we are where we are.

OK. Flip side of that is: Resting key players he'll have an excuse. Fielding a top team and still loosing isn't the best PR is it?

Man or mouse Ole? Let's just wait and see.

Ole will be out of a job soon enough anyway so I want us to smash them and not worry about him too much. I don't expect us to though.

They'll look to sit in and hit us on the counter with pace. If we score first then I expect us to play keep ball until they get desperate to chase it and leave gaps. If they score first it could be a slog.

3 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’d settle for being outplayed but winning 1-0 with our only clearcut chance. We still owe them for the number of smash and grab wins they took against us during the Ferguson era.

I also would like this but at theirs not ours. A lovely 5 nil like what Newcastle did to them all those years ago would be magic

20 minutes ago, niallers said:

I also would like this but at theirs not ours. A lovely 5 nil like what Newcastle did to them all those years ago would be magic

Don’t get me wrong, I’d be happy with either but they snatched undeserved victories at Old Trafford in this fixture plenty of times en route to titles. I remember in 1994, a few months after the 3-3 where in anticipation of something similar, the BBC put on a midweek Match of the Day special. We were the better team for most of the match, until Paul Ince headed their winner. More notable than the game itself was one of Motson's most florid, convoluted pieces of commentary, which went something like: 

“Liverpool were strolling,

they had United rolling.

But when United had to convince,

they produced a goal, from Paul Ince”.

An utter absurdity. Yet a mundane game of football (aside from when we were, at a goal down, given a clear penalty by the ref, only for him to accept the linesman's inexplicable judgment that it should instead have been a free-kick to United), with expectations only elevated because of our against-the-odds comeback in the Anfield match. So while I’d love to see us thrash them, I’d be just as happy for wins to become mundane. Just another routine win on another inexorable march to a league title; the quotidian every bit as satisfying as the spectacular.

No way do I want them cunts outplaying us on Sunday and us nicking a 1-0 with a very late winner. No problem with the 1-0 and very late winner but being outplayed, no way.

I want us to give them a footballing lesson. I want them to be chasing shadows. I want them to look like Leicester when we played them away, totally and utterly outclassed and put in their place by the World and European Champions. Same scoreline would be good too.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

This match is insanely important to ole for PR reasons. Beating or drawing against us would show clearly they are on the right track regardless of previous results and that everyone else against us  is shite and its why we are where we are.

Quite right. Globally, this game is massive  - and the more United are shown to be dogshit, the less merchandise they'll shift in those lucrative overseas markets.

To be fair, OGS has organised well against us and Jurgen has twice failed to beat him, but there should be no excuses to not winning especially if their one big threat Rashford is out. McTominaey or whatever he's called has been their best midfielder and he's out. Their only world class (or closest to) player when he feels like it is Pogba and he's out. De Gea will probably have his usual blinder against us but I still fancy us to put a few goals past him. No excuses lads, just go out there and bum them.