You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) Premier League - 19/1/20

Bjornebye

This is the only remaining game this season I’m convinced we won’t win. 

Feels fated as we’re so good, they’re so mediocre and it completes the full flip of our current positions and status from when they won the trophies but we took results off them.

No reverse mockering, just had a weird feeling about it for weeks. Look forward to this ridiculous team proving I’m talking out of my arse again.

Style. Heart. Opportunism. Vigour. Energy. Expertise. Mentality. Urgency. Panache. Meticulousness. Obduracy. Organisation. Know-how. Spark. Accuracy. Ruthlessness. Structure. Efficiency.

I don't ask for much.

Apart from West Ham (who we haven't played yet), they are the only side we haven't beaten in the league so far. Let's correct that, put them back in their box, and tell everybody that Woodward should give Gollum Jr a new contract doubling his salary. Oh, and Mo, if you feel like turning up for this one for once, that would be great.

• Upvote 7

12 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

This is their biggest match for quite some time - the opportunity to become the only team to avoid defeat against a record-breaking Liverpool team. They’ll be massively up for it and it’s hard to not to be really worried about this fixture.

Just fucking stop it now please

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Newcastle 5nil, Southampton twice hammered them in mid nineties, city at theirs, the 6.1, even the fucking bitters last year beat them 4zip. 

We've never, ever beaten them to within an inch of their lives in my adult life and I'm 41, and that 4.1 at theirs wasn't a beating. We played well and scored with our 4 shots on goal that day, brilliant though it was.

I'd love to undress the cunts as the famous commentary by Coleman in the 74 Newcastle final went.

An absolute fucking battering,football from the gods style beating. 

Twelvety nil to crackles snapping pops

I'll be happy as long as we're more ambitious than the last two times we've faced them. Those games are some of the few in the past year + where we looked like we were scared of fucking up.

If we get sucker punched so be it, they are quite good at that in big games, but we need to impose ourselves on them. 

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

This is probably the worst Manchester United team I've ever seen.

This is probably the best Liverpool team I've ever seen.

We should be wiping the floor with them. 

Nah, the one that got relegated to Division 2 in 1974 beats it hands down. They almost got relegated in the 68 -69 season when they were defending the European Cup as well.

After Sir Matt Busby retired, they were pretty shit through the 70s and 80s. They had managerial greats like Frank O Farrell who previously had manageed Torquay! Its only since Ferguson won them their first league title in 27 years that they've been thought of as being 'good.'

Since ferguson retired, its gone shit again. But we shouldnt be surprised, they went shit for a season when he announced he'd be retiring at the endof the season only to change his mind when he saw first hand just how quickly it would collapse.