Quantcast
Email this page ( Man Utd (H) Premier League - 19/1/20 ) - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• You're right, but there's also players the other side like Kenny who was about 26 I think when he joined us. If you listen to just about anyone involved with the club back then and they always talk about when the team is good it's the time to buy as it allows you to bring in players and they're not under pressure to perform from day one. That's true of younger and older players. And klopp has done to an extent with robbo and fabinho (perhaps I could even throw in chamberlain). I've never been a fan of policies of buying young players or established players or anything. You should buy the right players. That's what we did then.    But we probably carry twice as many 1st team  players than we used to and I feel players don't stay as long (that's a feeling rather than any stats I've seen) and it was obviously different when you had a reserves rather than an u23 side. We seem to be buying plenty of young players (although players like Elliot etc wouldn't have figured on that list as they'd have been too young, another change in the modern game). But our reluctance to bring players in and recycle the squad for me illustrates the lack of desire to want to remain 1st. I've no issue if they're big names or not, in fact I think most big names are vastly overrated in our forum world. I think there's tons and tons of good players all around the world. My issue is we seem to recruit based a lot based on "getting a deal", like Shaq, karius or minamino (in fact maybe even chamberlain as he only has 12 months left) rather than them being players we want.    There's just no doubt to me anyone who was fortunate enough to see us do all this first time around understands the value of buying from a position of strength, be that young or old. Anyone who doesn't think that way is forgetting how it was imo. 
    • Someone mentioned it above. If you buy Thiago, you then have more versatility with the squad and you have the extra midfield depth so that you can use Fabinho at CB and Oxlade-Chamberlain in the forward line if you need. 
    • All of those, only De Bruyne can be compared to Salah.
    • Salah had a better season than most of those.   
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors

• Football Betting Site Betway