You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Players you wanted us to sign, but they signed for someone else and then were shit

Jose Jones

Guest Pistonbroke

Another player who would have been on many fans lips was Gareth Barry, probably down to the fact he linked well with Gerrard in the middle whilst on England duty and was by far Villa's best player at the time. He was utter mediocrity for City and the Ev thereafter. I remember the Kop singing 'You can shove your Gareth Barry up your Arse' in a pre-season friendly and the rest is history. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Another player who would have been on many fans lips was Gareth Barry, probably down to the fact he linked well with Gerrard in the middle whilst on England duty and was by far Villa's best player at the time. He was utter mediocrity for City and the Ev thereafter. I remember the Kop singing 'You can shove your Gareth Barry up your Arse' in a pre-season friendly and the rest is history. 

To be fair,after Alonso left due to being insulted at getting compared to Gareth Barry,Barry wasn't any worse than Alberto Aquilani.

Guest Pistonbroke
18 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

To be fair,after Alonso left due to being insulted at getting compared to Gareth Barry,Barry wasn't any worse than Alberto Aquilani.

I dare say Barry would have been OK for us in M/F, although his career at City never really amounted to much. They played a totally different style of play to that what he was used to. 

On 12/01/2020 at 12:40, m0e said:

Oh, and Karel Poborksy too for that matter. Couldn't believe we had to settle for Berger.

Well Berger was often injured and a bit of a tart when he played for us. He scored some great goals but didn't offer us anywhere near what he should have. Poborsky was a worse individual player but played in a much better team at the time.

• Upvote 1

On 11/01/2020 at 09:59, Trumo said:

Alexis Sanchez when we sold Suarez. The Chilean was very good at Arsenal but has turned to shite since leaving them.

He was superb at Arsenal and would have been perfect for us at the time. I was well gutted he turned us down in favour of fucking Arsenal. His loss, the muppet!

I was gutted, absolutely gutted when we missed out on Memphis Depay.

Turns out we had to go for our backup target, Roberto Firmino instead, and it all worked out OK.

Just out of curiosity, I went to look up how Depay is doing at Lyon this season. He has 14 goals in 18 games there, so not too badly! Maybe it's just that the Mancs were utter crap when he was there and made him look bad. Still only 25 - now I'm wondering if there's any chance we would go back in for him?

On 12/01/2020 at 10:00, Pistonbroke said:

Apparently he did a a Mother and daughter combo and was a sex maniac. 

On 12/01/2020 at 10:18, aws said:

You need a bit of that.  

On 12/01/2020 at 10:32, dave u said:

Karol Poborski and Mikel Silvestre.

Karol Poborski and Mikel Silverstre we’re mother and daughter???

16 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I was gutted, absolutely gutted when we missed out on Memphis Depay.

Turns out we had to go for our backup target, Roberto Firmino instead, and it all worked out OK.

Just out of curiosity, I went to look up how Depay is doing at Lyon this season. He has 14 goals in 18 games there, so not too badly! Maybe it's just that the Mancs were utter crap when he was there and made him look bad. Still only 25 - now I'm wondering if there's any chance we would go back in for him?

Out for the season injured. But has looked more like the talent pre United since leaving them.