You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hypothetical scenario

niallers

Hypothetically speaking, who would we like to see scoring the goal that wins us a,not the, league?

I'm leaning towards Joe Gomez netting his first goal but regardless of who it may be,I hope it would be at home and not by someone else beating a rival while we're watching from afar.

Hypothetically speaking of course. Not tempting fate, the big girls blouse that I am.

• Downvote 5

17 minutes ago, niallers said:

Hypothetically speaking, who would we like to see scoring the goal that wins us a,not the, league?

I'm leaning towards Joe Gomez netting his first goal but regardless of who it may be,I hope it would be at home and not by someone else beating a rival while we're watching from afar.

Hypothetically speaking of course. Not tempting fate, the big girls blouse that I am.

I'd like to see an own goal by either a Man City player or a Man United player win the League for Liverpool.

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I always remember when Arsenal won the league in the late Nineties, I think they were playing Everton and were already two nil up when Adams got played right through the middle by Petit (or maybe Viera) and he ran through and twatted it it the goal which capped it all off.

Something like that but with Big Virg.

Fucking great moment that. I think he got the 4th didn't he? 

FHalxa.gif tenor.gif?itemid=6116214

5 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Didn't he put it in his book that he was pissed in that match and most of the season as well .

Not sure mate but I've seen a few things about his addictions so wouldn't be surprised. Apart from being a proper 'Mr Arsenal' he actually comes across as a decent fella. Obviously has his demons (don't we all) but he seems genuine enough. He was definitely pissed when he did the cup draw last month. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alles ist gut said:

A John Stones attempted clearance that hits Raheem Sterling in the back of the head and loops into their net in the same way that Salah’s chip did, giving us a 2-1 win, to the obvious disgust of 4th official Anthony Taylor.

De Bruyne picks the ball up in the midfield

Runs at Rodri, 

Martin Tyler "What's he doing Gary, he's going the wrong way"

Neville "...... 

Runs at the City back 4, turns inside Ottamemdi, nutmeg Fernandinho

Neville" Oh no, no no no no no

Smashes the ball past Ederson

Whips off his City Shirt to reveal a red shirt underneath 

93 Minutes gone

Man City 1 - 2 Liverpool

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Henderson. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

#metoo

Hendo to score the only goal in a 1-0 win for us with VAR that makes it mathematically impossible for anyone else to win it, for me. Of course this can only happen if our game starts and finishes before or after our closest competitor plays or has played.

No way do I want us 'winning' the title via a goal scored by everton or, conceeded by city, united, chelsea or anyone else.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

No way do I want us 'winning' the title via a goal scored by everton 

Oh come on

That would be fucking glorious

They'd never be able to cope. 

You can see it

The cheers as they score a late winner slowly die out as the realise what they've just done

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Oh come on

That would be fucking glorious

They'd never be able to cope. 

You can see it

The cheers as they score a late winner slowly die out as the realise what they've just done

They’d be praying for VAR. Imagine that, if the goal was allowed then they got a VAR decision that actually went for them but it still went against them.

• Upvote 1