You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League non-winners vote...

Elite

Premier League Poll  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the 2 best teams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/01/20 at 19:57

Guest Alex_K

Lee has the best defence but come on that front 6 are barely top 4 standard - indeed half of them don’t even play for contemporary top 4 level sides ..

John dynamite MM all looking v strong for various reasons .. Dynamite I think should win clearly. MM second. John close 3rd.

6 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Lee has the best defence but come on that front 6 are barely top 4 standard - indeed half of them don’t even play for contemporary top 4 level sides ..

Spurs are not a top 4 side....... 

Except for the past 4 years on the bounce. Or Champions League finalists

Rafael van der Vaart

Finished 4/5th with Spurs, runner up world cup

PEA - 56 goals in 89 goals for Arsenal 

More career goals than Ravenelli(who only ever started for a big club for 4 years of his career) currently scored 7 less goals than Vialli, I'm sure he will get them in the 200 games he's played less

You have 2 number 10s in Djorkaef and Ozil

Your talking about my players not playing top 4 when you have Mellberg. The two slowest CB in the draft with 2 attacking fullbacks 

Guest Alex_K
1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Spurs are not a top 4 side....... 

Except for the past 4 years on the bounce. Or Champions League finalists

Rafael van der Vaart

Finished 4/5th with Spurs, runner up world cup

PEA - 56 goals in 89 goals for Arsenal 

More career goals than Ravenelli(who only ever started for a big club for 4 years of his career) currently scored 7 less goals than Vialli, I'm sure he will get them in the 200 games he's played less

You have 2 number 10s in Djorkaef and Ozil

Your talking about my players not playing top 4 when you have Mellberg. The two slowest CB in the draft with 2 attacking fullbacks 

Why is my critique of your team linked to my own choices? Have I suggested I win? Don’t be so defensive. Why have these games if not to have open discussions on choices after.

Van see Vaart was a bench player at a thuggish Netherlands side hopelessly outmatched vs Spain. Didn’t play the final. Wouldn’t get in our squad nowadays.

Erickson? Really not a centre mid. No more so than Djorkaeff given you mentioned it - actually less so. Never been sought after by a top side. Drifted into the pack at Spurs.

Neves? I mean yeah - classic top 6 side CM. Are we really going to compare him to comparative picks in other sides here (Modric, Gascoigne, Mendieta etc)?

Hamann? Best of the 4 you’ve got in there. Not a ‘great’ though. Not up there with Mascherano to be honest.

Given you did mention my side .. 8 of my side started finals in Champions League or World Cup winning teams, while Kepa is a world record signing in goal. You have what, 2 maybe? Desailly and Robertson? Ravanelli & Vialli were a CL winning strike force as a pair. Aubameyang wont be remembered in 5 years.

But ANYWAY, Dynamite this one for me too easily. I thought MM would take it but think his Liverpool picks which he savily saved could have been better.

I dont get the Dynamite love here. I think there are at oeast two better teams here, none of which are Stigs to be fair.

To me Waddle, Sagna and Harte were never great. I also dont get the midfield two of McMahon and Gascoigne as a two. I think i got crucified for having Xavi and Pirlo as a two. I just dont see them as a 2 for a number of reasons. 

I think MMs team beats all of them.

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

The 50 PL appearance rule was deliberately designed to rule out Ruud Gullit wasn’t it @Elite

No. Just a coincidence.

I also had it in my head that Shearer had never won the Premier League, totally forgetting about Blackburn, which on paper doesn't look that team doesn't look that good.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

The lack of respect for quality 90's players is astounding. A front 4 of Fowler, Ginola, Zola and Le Tissier?! Pisses on all but one sides attack. 

All great players but you have to judge a side on how balanced it is and how well the players would work in the system.

18 minutes ago, Elite said:

No. Just a coincidence.

I also had it in my head that Shearer had never won the Premier League, totally forgetting about Blackburn, which on paper doesn't look that team doesn't look that good.

Nah that Blackburn side was brilliant that year. Shearer, Sutton, Le Saux, Flowers, Hendry, Ripley, Batty (Underrated player IMO), Sherwood....