You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst you've ever felt after a defeat?

Sugar Ape

20 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

FA Cup Fifth Round Replay

27 February 1991

Everton 1-0 Liverpool

Kenny resigned a couple of days after the first replay, which finished 4-4, so Everton knocking us out was the icing on the shit-cake.

E0F12D55-63D1-4938-B71D-EA8547AA047D.jpeg

Cried the day Kenny walked. Such a horrendous morning.

• Upvote 1

Lots off great shouts here, but I honestly think the worst I felt was after United won the treble with the last kick of the season.

I know it wasn't a Liverpool defeat as such, but I was physically sick for days after that, and our circumstances at the time weren't exactly helping matters.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, m0e said:

Lots off great shouts here, but I honestly think the worst I felt was after United won the treble with the last kick of the season.

I know it wasn't a Liverpool defeat as such, but I was physically sick for days after that, and our circumstances at the time weren't exactly helping matters.

Would be nice if we could enact a little role reversal 

• Upvote 1

I don't really wanna go through this thread - it will surround my mind with negative stuff. I like to think of the great things. The positive stuff. 

The best thing is those times where our goal just makes you go mad. You momentarily lose your mind in joyous celebration and you find that you are hugging - and being hugged by - the other folk around you. Love it. (BTW, I mean at the match....not in Curry's).

That Chelsea one undoubtedly the worst ever for me, felt like my whole world collapsed in front of me, the image of Stevie lifting that trophy above his head consumed me for months. The way it happened was absolutely disgusting,  “doesn’t slip now” and  that to happen. It genuinely makes you think that there was something metaphysical meaning it wasn’t meant to be, still hurts like a cunt and seeing him still talk about it makes it even worse.

11 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I don't really wanna go through this thread - it will surround my mind with negative stuff. I like to think of the great things. The positive stuff. 

The best thing is those times where our goal just makes you go mad. You momentarily lose your mind in joyous celebration and you find that you are hugging - and being hugged by - the other folk around you. Love it. (BTW, I mean at the match....not in Curry's).

I don't know, the day that you and the stranger next to you find that Delonghi toaster at 15% off is obviously a cause for much celebration.