You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fans

Jimmy Hills Chin

It's common knowledge that their are certain sets of fans who are, to want of a better description, fucking bellends who often defy any sort of logic or decency. The likes of Everton, Man City, Wolves, Newcastle etc. rate highly among these kind of idiots and it seems like every time another team is mentioned someone comments on their inherent cuntishness, usually backed up with anecdotes of some sort. It just got me wondering, are their any teams with fans who are actually seen as decent. The best ones I can think of are Sheffield United's. 

St Pauli fans always seem to enjoy the game without causing any bother. I don't know if that is just the way they are portrayed or whether they genuinely are like that. They know they'll never have the best team or win anything, so maybe they've decided that the camaraderie and a great day out is all that matters.

4 hours ago, Trumo said:

St Pauli fans always seem to enjoy the game without causing any bother. I don't know if that is just the way they are portrayed or whether they genuinely are like that. They know they'll never have the best team or win anything, so maybe they've decided that the camaraderie and a great day out is all that matters.

Yeah St Pauli fans are boss. 

Obviously I'm going to say Celtic fans and despite a fair few nobheads (as all clubs have) they are by and large fucking superb human beings. 

Sion fans were boss at Anfield in the 90's when we beat them something like 12:8 or whatever it was. 

Having been to a few Union Berlin games their fans were always welcoming are and a good laugh. Though I think on the whole the Germans seem to get more out of the game.

Honourable mention to ferencvaros who seem to have a bit of a love in for us and Celtic that I was unaware of until I accidentally ended up with their away fans, they were boss, free entry, free drugs and booze and gave us the heads up in avoiding the police when they decided to get aggressive.

33 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

Having been to a few Union Berlin games their fans were always welcoming are and a good laugh. Though I think on the whole the Germans seem to get more out of the game.

Honourable mention to ferencvaros who seem to have a bit of a love in for us and Celtic that I was unaware of until I accidentally ended up with their away fans, they were boss, free entry, free drugs and booze and gave us the heads up in avoiding the police when they decided to get aggressive.

A mate met some Ferencvaros fans in Brazil , he mentioned Florien Albert and one had him tattooed on his arm , a hero it seems. 

We both went as kids when they played at Anfield in 67 , he was European footballer of the year then so perhaps it comes from that.

A few years ago a couple older fellas in the Richmond, Everton fans, said how everyone was trying to get in to see him.

• Upvote 1

Basel back in 2002 were amazing. They had this BOOM! thing that had everyone in the Kop nodding in appreciation. Nine years later I watched Switzerland play England at Wembley - I was with my wife! - and we met some Basel fans after the game who had been at that game. They were really sound up close as well. I took a video of Switzerland's second goal that day and you can see how good their fans were.

But wait. Who is that gibbing out of the wall? It can't be...can it?!

1 hour ago, deiseach said:

Basel back in 2002 were amazing. They had this BOOM! thing that had everyone in the Kop nodding in appreciation. Nine years later I watched Switzerland play England at Wembley - I was with my wife! - and we met some Basel fans after the game who had been at that game. They were really sound up close as well. I took a video of Switzerland's second goal that day and you can see how good their fans were.

Was that your wife in the cap? 

Anyway...

Viva Colombia

a94dbdf362447868f65f59d233949d55--abs-wo

Bq1wr-yIQAAmYqL.jpg

Pictures-of-the-day.jpg

2 hours ago, deiseach said:

Who was it, I can't make the shithouse out?

4 hours ago, deiseach said:

I can't work out who the player was who left the wall? That is never Milner...

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Was that your wife in the cap? 

Anyway...

Viva Colombia

a94dbdf362447868f65f59d233949d55--abs-wo

Bq1wr-yIQAAmYqL.jpg

Pictures-of-the-day.jpg

I recently taught a Colombian woman to drive. I don't think they make ugly women. She was in her late 30s and she looked about 21.