You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

After match pitch maintenance

niallers

We've just knocked Everton out of the cup at Anfield with our 3rd string an hour ago and an Anfield horticulture thread gets started. 

They really do mean fuck all these days the blues don't they. 

Oh and in answer to your question mate, no idea. Maybe Klopp sprinkles magic beans all over it. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, niallers said:

Do the lads actually cut the grass after the game? Can't imagine it grows during the game much.

Just wondering as you often see them at every ground when the post match analysis is on.

Thought it would just get a rolling

No need to do anything there was plenty of shite spread out on it earlier 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, niallers said:

Do the lads actually cut the grass after the game? Can't imagine it grows during the game much.

Just wondering as you often see them at every ground when the post match analysis is on.

Thought it would just get a rolling

Yes, they do cut it. Most clubs do it. This article in the Echo about the new pitch states right at the end it gets cut daily! I thought they cut it 3 times a week.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-new-anfield-pitch-everything-13196892

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Jennings said:

WTF! Niallers! Our under 9's just beat Everton!!

Yeah, but City and Everton fans are claiming they were on weed. 

28 minutes ago, Jennings said:

WTF! Niallers! Our under 9's just beat Everton!!

As was quoted above, they're such an irrelevance now, I thought some horticultural content would cut through the joyous malaise I was in, allowing me to fully appreciate our grounds men.

Still not stopped laughing so I needed something to save my sides from splitting

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Forgot I took this for you the other night @niallers

Not sure it will help or anything. 

EA6066AD-EB54-4176-BD7D-D2FC0214E9B5.jpeg

Sound. Didn't know they had a light that long, that's impressive, but again, you'd think they'd only cut the grass after the glow lights and not directly after the game. I'll have to wait for an inside Anfield pitch edition.

28 minutes ago, niallers said:

Sound. Didn't know they had a light that long, that's impressive, but again, you'd think they'd only cut the grass after the glow lights and not directly after the game. I'll have to wait for an inside Anfield pitch edition.

Errr I think its a number of lights side by side.  

The problem with modern stadium football pitches is the lack of sunlight to help the grass grow quickly and healthily between games. The high stands block most of the sunlight so artificial lighting has to be used,a lot. My own opinion is that FSG have realised that Liverpool FC branded marijuana will sell like hot cakes and we are farming it at rates the Sinaloa Cartel would be jealous of.

1 hour ago, Barnesey said:

A mate of mine, who sits on the Kop, tells me the centre of our pitch is looking like it needs some attention. Not obvious from my vantage point in the SKD

Im in the SKD Upper and I cant say the pitch looks in need of any real attention. The only places it looks a bit rough is where the oppos do those two lines of repeated 10 metre runs. Put some really furrows in the pitch just where Trent runs to and makes his crosses. I think its a deliberate tactic, the cunts.

• 5 weeks later...
On 20/01/2020 at 18:23, Bjornebye said:

Haha where the fuck would they keep it?! 

Was just watching Richard hammonds big series on discovery. They were at spurs new stadium.

Spurs have 3 pitch-wide lights that are kept underneath the ground behind each goal that run down rails either side of the pitch. It's a fantastic bit of engineering in fairness.