Quantcast
Spurs (A) Premier League 11/1/2020 - 17:30 - Page 3 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Spurs (A) Premier League 11/1/2020 - 17:30

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Doesn't really matter. He's the type of quick forward  we could struggle against on the counter if he's playing up front, occupying the space between a full back and CB in a front 2.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just now, Grinch said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Agreed they are top class but that type of threat is more difficult to deal with than against a single centre forward who isn't very mobile.

4 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Dining out on that champions League hat trick really.   Overall, he's not showing up more often than not. 

Thought it was nice of him to get a point at City 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Agreed they are top class but that type of threat is more difficult to deal with than against a single centre forward who isn't very mobile.

United gave us trouble with a similar setup. 

Spuds will be tricky as usual, but I reckon we're going to scrape a win. Kane has a decent record against us so him being out is nice. 1-2 to the Reds.

Just keep it tight at the back and let the others work their magic.

We’re the most dangerous team in the League when the opposition have the ball in our half, we break so quickly, so Mourinho has to stick or twist with a dodgy hand, the problems are all his.

Moussa Sissoko out until mid April with knee ligament damage and Ndombele stil injured possibly. They might have to go for a full brexit Dier and Winks midfield. 

• Upvote 1

Actually just read Winks is a doubt as well. Kane is obviously out but at the back they’ve got Ben Davies out and it looks like Rose is injured too. If they have to play Sessegnon at left back Salah will eat him alive. 

9 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

They'll be harder to beat with Son or Lucas up front rather than Kane, but the only way they get a result, I think, is if Mou Mou is able to perform a vintage bus-parking. Otherwise, we should be cunting them.

Hmmm, negged

• Upvote 6

My only real worry is the rest actually effecting our momentum. I don't even know if the stats back it up but it feels like we've been flat previously after breaks and it takes a while to find our rhythm.  

Mourinho wants to win a trophy and, looking at the line up in the 3rd round, is targeting the FA Cup.

With a replay coming up, hopefully, he will prioritise the Middlesbrough game.

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

My only real worry is the rest actually effecting our momentum. I don't even know if the stats back it up but it feels like we've been flat previously after breaks and it takes a while to find our rhythm.  

Klopp is usually pretty good when he has a week to concentrate on an opposition. 

Not something he usually gets the chance to do . 

I think the key to this is not to let them get the first goal. Full bus parking mode if they do.

Score first and they will come quietly 

Mourinho will just park the bus at home. The main problem with that is their bus has a dodgy engine and flat tyres, easy to get around. I reckon by the end of the match old Mourinho will feel the force of a lot of disgruntled Spurs fans. 

34 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Mourinho will just park the bus at home. The main problem with that is their bus has a dodgy engine and flat tyres, easy to get around. I reckon by the end of the match old Mourinho will feel the force of a lot of disgruntled Spurs fans. 

Hope you're right mate. I think every game now is the inevitable banana skin. 

I would love to batter these 4 or 5 and watch the greasy little cunt scuttle down the tunnel 5 minutes from time. 

16 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Hope you're right mate. I think every game now is the inevitable banana skin. 

I would love to batter these 4 or 5 and watch the greasy little cunt scuttle down the tunnel 5 minutes from time. 

Klopp and the players have this mate. No doubt we'll find things difficult in a few games and maybes drop a few points, but you get the feeling everyone is focused and the juggernaut keeps rolling. Mentality monsters. 

• Upvote 1

I'll be down South at the in-laws for this. They're all* West Ham fans, so they'll be more than happy for us to tear Spurs a new one.

(Except one Home Counties Man Utd fan, but he doesn't count.)

• Upvote 2

Hysterical fannyitis will surely descend should we lose but we'll have to kill it asap. 

A lot of us, me included once the game is on, are so fucking scared of fucking this away,that any negative result will have the hysterical ones out in force.

Relax ladies and gents. We're the mentality monsters. We've already had negative results this season, Napoli X 2 and United and we didn't let them affect us. We've won the last 11 since United and are on 85 points out of 87. Worst case is we'll have 85 out of 90 which is still ridiculous.

We'll just start another long winning run after.

Twelvety nil to spurs!

We have too much for spurs, who are chronically slow at the back and not very good going forward. Oh, and their midfield is rubbish as well. 

17 hours ago, Sweeney287 said:

Hope Aurier plays. Calamity waiting to happen. 

Trent needs to open his own academy to teach young African kids how to play RB...Aurier made the AFCON team of the year!! 

Pretty good team otherwise.